Large Crates have incorrect regions

So the values for region origon, collision region and destination region on Large Crates are incorrect. If you check with the debug tool in-game, you’ll see that the positions are off.

This bug doesn’t seem to prevent you from placing crates correctly, but it has a couple other flow-on effects.
1/ Hearthlings can place items in the crates from a distance due to incorrect destination region. Inversely, there are directions from which they cannot place items into the crate as that part of the destination region is inside the crate itself.
2/ You cannot place a banner in an incorrect collision region, nor will hearthlings path through that region. In closed spaces like Storehouses, you could seal off all travel even though it looks open!

The current values are:

"region_origin" : { "x": -1.0, "y": 0, "z": 1.0 },

"destination" : {
     "region" : [
        {
           "min" : { "x" :-1, "y" : 0, "z" : 1 },
           "max" : { "x" : 1, "y" : 2, "z" : 3 }
        }
     ]
  },
  "region_collision_shape" : {
        {
           "min" : { "x" :-1, "y" : 0, "z" : 1 },
           "max" : { "x" : 1, "y" : 2, "z" : 3 }
        }
     ]
  }           

The correct values are:

"region_origin" : { "x": 0, "y": 0, "z": 0 },

"destination" : {
        {
           "min" : { "x" : -1, "y" : 0, "z" : -1 },
           "max" : { "x" : 1, "y" : 2, "z" : 1 }
        }
     ]
  },
  "region_collision_shape" : {
        {
           "min" : { "x" :-1, "y" : 0, "z" : -1 },
           "max" : { "x" : 1, "y" : 2, "z" : 1 }
        }
     ]
  }
7 Likes

explains why my crates keep shifting in my templates.

3 Likes

excellent work @Tuhalu:+1:

paging @sdee! :smile:

3 Likes

Also, hearthlings can sit, sleep, and place furniture in Large Crates (not put the item in the crate, but rather make them take up the same tile).

I’ve made a mod that overwrites the large crate files to correct the positions. In the process there-of, I found out the origin I listed was incorrect for 3 out of 4 facings. So I fixed that in the original post.

The mod also fixes the boulder region problems from this post and the lack of net worth information on certain items in this post.

Download for the mod.

2 Likes