Is there a way to change your village name after you've already started the game?

just as the topic asks, can you once you’ve already settled in an area, change the name of your village if you’ve made a mistake in the village name?

I don’t think there is a way, I could be wrong, though.

I think you could change it by editing the save file.
[EDIT: You can’t, this only changes the name in the save menu. To actually change it here we’d probably need to find out the structure of the _state.bin files from the developers.]

Go into the folder of saves, and open the most recent folder inside. There’s some JSON file (something like metadata.json, IIRC) that stores some of the basic info about a save. You should be able to open, edit, and save it just like a regular text file. I believe there’s a field like this in it:

"name" : "Whatever your old town name was",

The field might not be actually called name, but I’m pretty sure that’s part of it. I believe changing the town name to the right of it carries over into the game. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

I definitely do wish it was editable in the town overview window like Hearthling names are on their character sheets. There’s been plenty of times I wanted to rename my town right after creating it.

THAT WORKED! thank you so very much for letting me know about this!

ok never mind…it allows you to only change the name of the save file in that field. i just got the chance to look at my save when i changed the name in that field but the village name itself remains the original name, the SAVE file name is changed to what i wanted the village name to be tho.

…sigh…did you even read the first post? :confused:

did you read the response I gave to the first person who suggested that? :confused:

you’ve now given a response twice with out even looking at the chat history or my original post. the threads only 9 posts long.