Immediate error when loading up game for latest steam unstable branch

develop-3177 (x64)[M]
…ervices/server/game_master/controllers/encounter.lua:73: attempt to index field ‘_info’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
…ervices/server/game_master/controllers/encounter.lua:73: in function ‘get_in_edge’
…arth/services/server/game_master/controllers/arc.lua:325: in function ‘filter_fn’
…ervices/server/game_master/controllers/node_list.lua:129: in function ‘_run_election’
…ervices/server/game_master/controllers/node_list.lua:46: in function ‘elect_node’
…arth/services/server/game_master/controllers/arc.lua:320: in function ‘_trigger_edge’
…ollers/encounters/wait_for_time_of_day_encounter.lua:102: in function ‘_fixup_add_tier_2_node’
…ollers/encounters/wait_for_time_of_day_encounter.lua:28: in function <…ollers/encounters/wait_for_time_of_day_encounter.lua:19>
develop-3177 (x64)[M]
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

Hmm, @linda could this be related to this:

@Greymatter if these are related, then this error isn’t fatal.

Does it mean that I will not gain access to the tier 2 quest? I guess I could continue and just find out for myself. I just don’t know if I want to invest the time since the only reason I loaded up the game this morning was because I saw the desktop tues and I wanted to dive into the new content. Everybody knows Rayya’s children is the best anyways and anything that makes them more distinct from the Ascendency is good. Now if we could only get the combat classes more in line with that design philosophy that would be superb.

I don’t think so. Assuming it is the same issue I linked to, it won’t affect you at all. It is simply an issue with file location inside of stonehearth.smod

Could you upload your save so I can take a closer look?

1 Like

I just realized that you may not be able to load the save because the mod I have installed which is the canyon biome mod…

3 posts were split to a new topic: Game freezing on or just after load

Uhm, that looks like it is the biome fault. The game could be failing to create enemies camps (the big one, with a land scar, they require a 41x41 space area)
This is a problem that I actually managed to fix in the Archipelago, but totally forgot about this one here.

Although I’m not sure if that is the cause of your bug, just my suspicious.

Thanks. I had assumed that they had not spawned yet because I had not provided a path to my base. I had one save file that I played with the Ascendency where I started my hearthlings in a pit that had no access and no monsters spawned until I placed my first ladder out of it.

Looks like there was a timing issue when trying to spawn the encounter that eventually starts the new RC tier 2 quests. Thanks for the save, it was very useful :slight_smile: So in your current save the RC quest will not show up, but if you load up your game in the next patch it should work. There will be a fix in the next build.

1 Like

Thanks linda. :slight_smile: Could you also take a look inside the big red house on that save? There is a weird placement issue with one of the wall items and now neither the item nor the ladder are destructible.