I tryed to mod the back pack size and i get this error

release-821 (x64)[M]
@stonehearth/components/storage/storage_component.lua:213: New backpack capacity (98) exceeds supported capacity (8)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/commons.lua:53: in function ‘report_traceback’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:258: in function ‘verify’
stonehearth/components/storage/storage_component.lua:213: in function ‘change_max_capacity’
…th/data/traits/featherweight/featherweight_trait.lua:44: in function ‘_modify_carry_slots’
…th/data/traits/featherweight/featherweight_trait.lua:14: in function ‘create’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:302: in function ‘create_controller’
stonehearth/components/traits/trait.lua:106: in function ‘_create_script_controller’
stonehearth/components/traits/trait.lua:35: in function ‘create’
stonehearth/components/traits/traits_component.lua:11: in function ‘add_trait’
…th/services/server/population/population_faction.lua:1079: in function ‘_add_trait’
…th/services/server/population/population_faction.lua:1047: in function ‘_assign_citizen_traits’
…th/services/server/population/population_faction.lua:976: in function ‘_set_citizen_initial_state’
…th/services/server/population/population_faction.lua:510: in function ‘create_new_citizen’
…th/services/server/population/population_faction.lua:572: in function ‘generate_starting_citizen’
…th/services/server/population/population_faction.lua:660: in function ‘generate_roster’
…vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:265: in function ‘_generate_initial_roster’
…vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:243: in function <…vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:234>

release-821 (x64)[M]
@stonehearth/components/storage/storage_component.lua:213: New backpack capacity (101) exceeds supported capacity (8)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/commons.lua:53: in function ‘report_traceback’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:258: in function ‘verify’
stonehearth/components/storage/storage_component.lua:213: in function ‘change_max_capacity’
…tonehearth/data/traits/pack_mule/pack_mule_trait.lua:66: in function ‘_modify_carry_slots’
…tonehearth/data/traits/pack_mule/pack_mule_trait.lua:15: in function ‘create’
stonehearth/components/traits/trait.lua:106: in function ‘_create_script_controller’
stonehearth/components/traits/trait.lua:35: in function ‘create’
stonehearth/components/traits/traits_component.lua:11: in function ‘add_trait’
…th/services/server/population/population_faction.lua:1079: in function ‘_add_trait’
…th/services/server/population/population_faction.lua:1047: in function ‘_assign_citizen_traits’
…th/services/server/population/population_faction.lua:976: in function ‘_set_citizen_initial_state’
…th/services/server/population/population_faction.lua:510: in function ‘create_new_citizen’
…th/services/server/population/population_faction.lua:572: in function ‘generate_starting_citizen’
…th/services/server/population/population_faction.lua:660: in function ‘generate_roster’
…vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:265: in function ‘_generate_initial_roster’
…vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:243: in function <…vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:234>

how would i modify the supported capacity?
the mod works i just don’t want the error always popping up

There is an entry in /data/constants.json that sets the “max_capacity” to 8

"backpack": {
     "MAX_CAPACITY": 8
  },

Not tested it (or looked at it in any real depth), but mixintype overriding this to your preferred number might fix your issue.

3 Likes

i added the modified constants.json file to my mod but I’m still getting the same errors.
do i need to edit the featherweight and pack_mule traits too?

and i cant go past 8 even with the modification to constants.json unless i did it wrong
this is my mod if you want to take a look.
1362704192.zip (973 Bytes)

Did you try loading it in SHED to see if that tool could highlight any problems? (GitHub - stonehearth/stonehearth-editor: A Stonehearth editing tool for modders.)

1 Like

what is

?
i am unsure how to use this magical tool
I’m new to moding

https://stonehearth.github.io/modding_guide/index.html

It is the same link I pasted for you last time. I’m guessing you skipped it :slight_smile:
It talks about aliases and its syntax (related to one error in your mod)
And about shed.

It is a good starting point. There is really good info there.

3 Likes

i looked at it i just didn’t get that far.

OK I read it and I followed the instructions

i did the first part i selected my mods folder
but nothing happened after that.

this is what I ended with

what am I doing wrong?