I did a minor stupid thing

Summary:
Basically used cheats to kill one tentacle (i was fighting the end-boss) that took one of my hearthlings, but it was far away and i didn’t want to send a soldier to go kill it, because it just wouldn’t arrive in time. So i used ‘destroy’ console command on the tentacle, and now my hearthling is stuck in an endless-loop of being “Snared by a tentacle”. He dies, revives, dies again, revives…

Steps to reproduce:

1. Engage the end-boss fight.
  2. Wait for your hearthling to get captured by a tentacle.
  3. Kill the tentacle, while it has the hearthling, with ‘destroy’ console command.
  • Your hearthling is now endlessly ‘stuck’ with that effect.

Expected Results:
Hearthling is simply released from the tentacle.

Actual Results:
Hearthling is stuck with the “Snared by a tentacle” effect.

Notes:
Even if the guy is picked up, placed in a bed, wakes up, he will still slowly die.

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Latest, using mods, but this is a game problem.

System Information:
RX580, Ryzen 5 1600, 8gb ram

I am searching for a way to remove that effect, i think i can do it via console, but the ‘help’ command is not really helping to be honest.

:jubilant:
Not really a bug because, you know, if you kill it properly that wouldn’t happen

But you can probably fix/save your ling if you use the Debug Tools mod, open the LUA Console (the blue > symbol in the picture above) and type, with the hearthling selected:

radiant.entities.remove_buff(e, "stonehearth:buffs:tentacle_snared")

Then press enter

2 Likes

i mean, this is probably the more subtle option of what i would propose (destroy the hearthling as a mercy kill)

yup, i did just that. Fortunately, it was one of the modded workers, and i could get another worker on it’s level really fast.
But hey, lesson learned! :smiley:

This whole thing has actually happened to me without killing the tentacle by cheating but properly. The ling was carried to bed and stuck there with that eerie animation looped… Some Lua console trickery helped.