I broke the game... Again

Summary:
Majority of my town refuses to work or eat.
Steps to reproduce:

1. no idea

Notes:
mods:
Auto harvest
signery
Kai Monkey’s Traits
Dense fields
rivers
Attachments:
1531796079142.rar (5.6 MB)

Version Number and Mods in use:
Newest unstable

I loaded your save and everyone seems to be eating, working, fighting, etc. as expected. Does reloading it not work for you?

1 Like

I tried that and about 30 seconds in they stop moving again. Gonna try reloading again.

release-875 (x64)[M]
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:545: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘assert’
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:545: in function ‘_normalize’
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:1160: in function ‘top_layer_in_wetting_mode’
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:576: in function ‘evaporate’
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:570: in function ‘check_evaporate’
…arth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.lua:558: in function ‘_evaporate_from_water_bodies’
…arth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.lua:302: in function ‘_on_tick’
…arth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.lua:76: in function <…arth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.lua:75>
[C]: in function ‘fire’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:91: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:91>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:66: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:91: in function ‘set_now’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:538: in function ‘_on_event_loop’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:58: in function <…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:57>
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:63: in function ‘_update’
radiant/server.lua:66: in function <radiant/server.lua:63>

The water error I’ll pass on to @Albert. For the other part, I’ve been running this in the background for 10 minutes now, and everyone still seems to be doing their tasks. What speed are you running it at? Does the performance indicator at the bottom right show any idle (light green) cycles?

1 Like

I apologize its my PC’s fault. Seems it was struggling to keep up. I was running at 2 speed but after pausing it for a few mins it seems to be normal again.

1 Like

It isn’t your PC’s fault that SH is not sufficiently optimized. It appears that water bug is draining some performance. That town should run better once that’s fixed.

1 Like

What are your PC’s specs? I’d love to compare them to the min and recommended, just to make sure those are really working as intended.

processor: AMD Athlon™ x4 860k Quad core processor 4.70 gh
memory: 8GB

My friend built it for me, Im not super tech savy lol.

1 Like

Seems the water issue was caused by my geomancer adding terrain.

1 Like