Bug that occurred when linking a water body (natural) to a bath (a dug pit)


Bug that occurred when linking a water body (natural) to a bath (a dug pit)

Steps to reproduce:

  1. Link a water body to a dug pit
  2. Instruct the workers to leave a 4x4 block in the middle so as to manually sculpture bath
  3. Instruct then the workers to remove the 4x4 block resulting in bug

Expected Results:
water to flow normally and fill bath

Actual Results:
Water bugged/glitched and slagged out - causing error
It would not copy to clip board the actual error text for whatever reason, so I took a pic

Version Number and Mods in use:
Latest Official build 707-release (non-beta) no mods
System Information:
Windows 10 8GB ram Radeon Graphics 4GB and i-7.

If someone tells me how to require the error text, plz do so I can add it - Thx

This is a very well-known bug, and I’m glad to say that it’s already being worked on – but I’m sure the error information is appreciated, it may just help them to get a better handle on fixing the problem.

Check out the latest [desktop tuesday] (DT: Personal Space II – Stonehearth) to see the good news for yourself! :merry:

1 Like

Yes, my main aim from this is to give them the information, which may help them out. Doesnt really bug me that much tbh, but I figured that it could be useful.

pun intended


Just restarted that game and the error came again. Here it is for whoever needs it

release-707 (x64)
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:794: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:245: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:256: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:250>
[C]: in function 'assert’
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:794: in function '_remove_height’
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:261: in function '_remove_water’
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:473: in function ‘fill_channel_from_water_region’
…hearth/services/server/hydrology/channel_manager.lua:561: in function ‘callback_fn’
…hearth/services/server/hydrology/channel_manager.lua:194: in function ‘each_channel_ascending’
…hearth/services/server/hydrology/channel_manager.lua:559: in function ‘fill_channels_to_capacity’
…arth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.lua:768: in function ‘_on_tick’
…arth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.lua:52: in function ‘fn’

radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:84: in function ‘set_now’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:417: in function ‘_on_event_loop’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:46: in function 'instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:291: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:265: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:398: in function '_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.lua:446: in function '_update’
radiant/server.lua:61: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

I found something of great interest to who ever is making the water upgrade thing - I do not know who exactly to call, so I will call @jomaxro (who should I call or how in such cases).

The problem seems to partially solve itself, sometimes that I put a block in the glitched water, the water moves forwards. The water spreads at a 1x4 layer (1thick-4 high)

This only worked 3 of 20 times, and I was unable to replicate the result and get a photo of it, and it seems to work only if there is no blocks or ladders in the area.

I will try to replicate and photograph this again, but I will do it this evening (GMT+1) as I have some work to do that needs doing first.

Thanks @LordGovernorGeneral, the error you shared and the details on water movement have both been reported before. Unfortunately, there hasn’t been time to work on water for many alphas, so these are the same issues we saw months ago. Once we see the water fixes (whether in A22 or later), please let us know then if you’re still seeing these.