How to write scenarios?

Actually i dont want to ask, but after a long time with my best friend google,
i still have no idea, how i could make my own scenario. Is there somewhere
a tutorial and im only not able to find it?

hey there @Spiro,

are you talking about making an in-game scenario/campaign?

Aye, i looked in the Stonehearth mod folder and
the candlelight mod, but i dont find the point how
it works to start them, when can i start them. etc
how to spawn mods,i think there is somewhere a folder
which plays hide and seek with me -.-

alright, moved it over to modding. ive never bothered with any campaign stuff, so im going to page @Drotten

1 Like

Check out @Froggy cafe mod, there is a bee/honey scenario as well.

2 Likes

There, data/gm/Campaigns WUHU, i know it have to be somewhere
thanks tamira

2 Likes

Ok, i try to work with it, but no way,
could someone explain me, how the campaign json files
work together, and how to make one and implement them?

i spam a few questions, i think to answer this questions is easier, as answer the how work this all together question…

in gm_index.json, i have to write my new campaign name in one of these categories?
then i make a folder and put in that one a json like the "goblin_war_campaign.json"
with trigger, climax and challenge as options.
does trigger starts with a trigger, and challenge happens time to time? and what does climax do?

and then there is a type: arc json, i think there i have to store the encounter which i want to make, like the objekts in the manifest.json.

right so far?

“ctx_entity_registration_path” : “create_scout_camp”, what does this line in a “create_camp” like json in the encounter folder.

what means in_edge and out_edge, i think out_edge is a pointer to the next encounter.

There isn’t really a “standard” way of doing it. That’s part of why nobody other than Radiant is putting too much effort into making them right now – come next version, it’ll break your code and you’ll have to put in a lot of time and guesswork to fix it.

Have you tried making anything easier? A custom craftable item perhaps? That should get you a good primer on modding Stonehearth, you’ll know better what to do with JSON files and how they affect the game. Scenarios are a bit up there when it comes to coding difficulty.

2 Likes

There was a twitch stream that explained it, but unfortunately seems to have been deleted :sweat:

I think for the gm_index you can even create a new category if you want, but I guess it’s easier to use an existing one.
I think that there’s no campaign that uses the climax section yet, I’d assume it’s where the boss/titan encounters might go in the future.

in_edge and out_edge are used to establish the order of the encounters, that’s correct.

This is referencing a file called create_scout_camp.lua.

1 Like