How to create particle effects?

Hi, guys.
I need some help. Is there any tutorial and program that I can make effects in stonehearth?
I’m thinking in study to in the future create some mods.

I’m not talking about skeleton animation, it’s about effects like the flame on campfire or the cleric’s heal effect. xD

If u guys can, please tell me too where is the particle effect’s folder… I didn’t found :C

Thanks o/

SHED has a particle effect editor.

2 Likes

I tried to use, but an error showed up…

Error

Error: File not found: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\mods\stonehearth\data\horde\particles\rainbow\rainbow.1_red.cubemitter.json

Stack

Error: File not found: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\mods\stonehearth\data\horde\particles\rainbow\rainbow.1_red.cubemitter.json
at Function.shed.filesystem.read (file:///C:/Users/Matth/AppData/Local/Temp/nw8004_8354/js/filesystem.js:421:11)
at shed.file.read (file:///C:/Users/Matth/AppData/Local/Temp/nw8004_8354/js/file.js:97:34)
at shed.cubemitter.load_ (file:///C:/Users/Matth/AppData/Local/Temp/nw8004_8354/js/cubemitter.js:227:27)
at new shed.cubemitter (file:///C:/Users/Matth/AppData/Local/Temp/nw8004_8354/js/cubemitter.js:14:8)
at shed.effect.load_ (file:///C:/Users/Matth/AppData/Local/Temp/nw8004_8354/js/effect.js:36:21)
at new shed.effect (file:///C:/Users/Matth/AppData/Local/Temp/nw8004_8354/js/effect.js:13:8)
at file:///C:/Users/Matth/AppData/Local/Temp/nw8004_8354/js/effect.js:309:24
at file:///C:/Users/Matth/AppData/Local/Temp/nw8004_8354/js/filesystem.js:360:7
at file:///C:/Users/Matth/AppData/Local/Temp/nw8004_8354/js/filesystem.js:514:17
at file:///C:/Users/Matth/AppData/Local/Temp/nw8004_8354/js/filesystem.js:514:17

Local storage

{“mod”:"“stonehearth”",“path”:"“D:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Stonehearth\\”"}

So… which program u guys use to make the particles? Like, Unity or something

We use SHED :slightly_smiling_face:. We don’t use any other external program, our particles are defined in simple JSON files.

The error you posted seems to be referencing a file that doesn’t exist :thinking:
Which branch are you using in Steam? Unstable? Rickety?
Not sure why it threw you that error. It is possible that cloning effects is broken (just like cloning recipes).
This program still has many bugs that should be fixed :confused:

1 Like

:thinking: I see
Well, I’ll try to study how the particle JSON files works.

And yes, the file doesn’t exists. I have created it and modify the JSON file and worked, and has some effects that is “No supported tracks”. Idk if it’s incompatibility, however it worked in some effects :grin:

Well, I have tried the Rickety and “Normal” (without beta test)

1 Like

Eventually all these things will be added to the modding guide. It gets updated in batches, sometimes with incomplete information that gets fixed later.

If it helps you, the first value for each point in the curves (like this):

"kind": "CURVE",
            "values": [
               [0, 1],
               [0.7, 1],
               [0.8, 0.4],
               [1, 0]
            ]

references the time (the lifetime of the particle), and goes from 0 to 1. You can change those values, but if they don’t make sense (go from 0 to 1 in ascending order) the game might crash or not load the effect. The second value(s) of each point corresponds to the purpose of the curve (e.g.: color, scale, position, etc).

1 Like

Ooooh, really nice :open_mouth:

Thank you!

Now… let’s work in some mods :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like