I am not sure if I should like the appeal system or not.
I know that you(devs) have taken out stuff(fine items) to test it and I do not know where they want to go from here on BUT I have some ideas how it should look like, in my opinion.
Item Level and Appeal
- To make things not that complicated, items should only have three appeal levels
- fine has more appeal than normal and luxury has more appeal then fine
- crafters need to level up to craft fine and luxury items
Town level and needs
- on each town level, all hearthlings will have similar but not the same tastes.
- on the starting level hearthlings do not need much, a bed with a roof over it and something to eat makes them happy
Fine items will make them even more happy but those are not needed
- when the town levels up, your hearthlings will have more needs
- a fine bed
- cooked food
- more space for themselfs and no shared sleeping quarters(maximum of 4 beds in a room)
- some decoratioins, normal is okay but fine is better
- luxury items will have a great effect on their happiness
- on the next level
- hearthlings will get unhappy with too many normal items around them
- they want a luxury bed
- at least fine items or decorations are needed but luxury items will be prefered
- once every few days they want to play with animals
- stockpiles are an eyesore
- there could be another level with only luxury items
- hearthlings will prefere items which mirror the town level
- additional traits could be added to makes things harder/easier
Right now it feels like everything will make my hearthlings unhappy.
I can not satisfy any appeal needs…