Help With recoding a race

Im recoding the manifest in the rayya’s children and i keep getting an error of which i need help fixing, ill link the manifest down below
release-584 (x64)[M]
std::exception: ‘‘stonehearth’ has no alias named ‘goblin_female_1’ in the manifest.’
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘create_entity’
radiant/modules/entities.lua:24: in function ‘create_entity’
…th/services/server/population/population_faction.lua:293: in function ‘create_new_citizen’
…vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:391: in function ‘__generate_citizen’
…vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:86: in function <…vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:72>

The thing im trying to do is make the rayya’s children into a different race (different voxels) and i don’t know how to fix this so im stumped

manifest.txt (1.5 KB) this is not relevant anymore, take a look if you want to though (idk if it is relevant or not actually)

BTW, im trying to root the problem out and fix it, i found where to go but i need to fix some bits and bobs EDIT: i really need help with adding some folders and stuff to the file to make it work, it just crashes on startup now whenever i start it up because of my tampering, by folders and stuff, i mean like what do i add to have it just take the info out of its own folder instead of the stonehearth.smod

The key is that goblin_female_1. It suggests to me that somewhere in your mod you are referring to an alias “stonehearth:goblin_female_1” which doesn’t appear in the main stonehearth manifest. If that is referring to some json file in your mod, you need to add that alias in your mod’s manifest as:

“goblin_female_1”:“file(path-and-name-of-your-json-file)”

then refer to it within the your_mod.smod package as “your_mod:goblin_female_1”. Not sure if I am misinterpreting what that alias is supposed to be referring to, it almost looks like you might be editing human_female_1, since I don’t see the goblin one in my stonehearth. More info needed…

I am reusing a different character (male_2 in rayya’s children) and changing the name and the voxels, also thanks

So my initial guess was right. Take a look around a bit in the stonehearth folders to see how the references work. You can refer to one json file within another via “file(relative_path/other_file.json)” or by creating an alias in your manifest like I mentioned (“your_mod:your_alias_from_manifest”). The relative path in the first option uses linux-like structure, i.e., “…/…/something/some_file.json” means go up two folders, down into the “something” folder. Also, you can use absolute paths by referring to the top folder of your mod by starting with a slash and your mode folder: “file(/your_mod/…)”.

can you help me make a new mod thingy for this? i tried to make the rayya’s children reskin into orcs/goblins but it doesnt work so i need to know how to make a new mod

I don’t know what is your skill level, so it is hard to help. I actually don’t know how to do it myself either. But make sure you at least understand these: Startermod_basic updated with weapons, armor, lights, and particles

Then you can take a look at [Mod] (A20) The Bastioneers! More Dangerous (and Mod-Friendly) Than Ever! Help me test for A20!. The guy added an entirely new race. So is a good place to look if you are trying to add a new race too.

2 Likes

i was actually thinking to do that myself (bastionneers rework) to see if i could redo his code into my own mod instead, my skill level isnt great but i can take apart code and read it well

Be careful simply copying other people’s code, it is a grey area, and can be in violation of the One Rule

i mean like using the code to remaster it into a new thing entirely, copying a manifest (without all the same names and everything) shouldn’t break any rules from what i know