Okay so instead of adding or replacing content I had my reasons to get rid of some!
I never did any modding in Stonehearth but I decided to dive into the files anyways, suprisingly it only took me a minute to accomplish what I wanted. Basically I just had to delete a few lines of code…
But then I thought, what if I turn this into a ‘mod’ so I could easily turn it on or off, or share it with everyone? And so I set up this folder structure inside the /mods folder:
My tweaked version of the ‘farming_handler’ is simply missing a few lines of code and I’m trying to replace the original file with this one.
It works when I delete the code in the original file, but not as a mod trying to replace it.
Possible solutions I tried:
- Rebooting the game, several times
- Removing and adding the ‘mod’ entirely
- Adding the ‘required’ statement to the manifest, so that it is forced on
because I noticed json being used differently sometimes, I also tried:
- Swapping the path’s colons for slashes
- Using ‘file()’ instead of the folder name
Interesting is that without the required statement, I noticed the mod turning itself off every time I quit to main menu, or reboot the game. Which is odd behaviour as far as I’m aware.