Hearthlings won't complete premade buildings

Ah, I don’t know then. For me it seemed to clear up once the items were stockpiled instead of randomly sitting on the ground wherever my Hearthlings dropped them (or they landed when I demolished a building that happened to be missing windows).

Summary:
Downloaded a few mods from the steam workshop, started a world, and hearthlings are only building a wall or two on each building then calling it quits. I tried just about everything… uninstalling mods, disabling all of the mods, but as it seems (without completely re-installing the game) the building system is completely broken no matter what for any building, even the given building templates. Also Stonehearth never gave me one of those spooky error windows.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Download a few mods i guess while you have other mods from steam already working as well as some mods installed in your game’s mods folder from before the steam mods integration.
  2. Start a game
  3. Try to build something

Expected Results:
A normal building
Actual Results:
Only a patchy floor and a few walls
Notes:
The larger the structure, the less is actually built…
Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
24.10 – Mods: the issue remains with no mods, but it occurred originally with (Steam) Ergion buildings templates for all, inn “Boy with Bag”, Carpenter House!, Weaver House!, Footman power strike balance, Rivers, giant maps, armis maximus, creative starting loadout, autoharvest, smart crafter, ballista turret, box O vox (Customizations & Decorations), Dense Fields, Castle, Norsehearth, Supermod 1000 (which i screwed around with to change the hearthlings from 1000 to 15, and (non steam) debugtools was on at the time, as well as all of the templates that I had installed on my own.

System Information:
i7-7800, 16gb ram, gtx 1080

1 Like

If these are templates for the old builder, this is a known issue. The new builder is where it’s at, and where it will be at, going forward.

1 Like

Just to make sure it’s the builder and not an old template–If you disable all the mods from the mod manager, and try to build a new building, no templates, in a new game, what happens? Send us a screen or save, please!

I’ve noticed this aswell, however It only seems to be with the actual building templates that come with the game. I started a save a few days ago on Rayya’s Children and I got about 6 buildings going fine and then all of a sudden they just began to stop building correctly. My hearthlings would dig out the floor and perhaps put up one wall but then find themselves bored and just go and idle.

I’ve tired:

• Pausing and resuming the build
  • Closing the application and re-opening
  • Restarting my computer
  • Trying to build on a different save

However all these seemed to be to no avail. I’ve recently gotten back into stonehearth after buying it in it’s early alpha 10 and I’m really pleased by the progress that has come from the game! A lot of indie games companies like this would stop developing their game before it was even completed, however I’ve been enjoying DT from stonehearth for years now!

Just wanted to say thanks! And I’d love it if this bug was fixed asap, I really enjoy playing RC and the building templates are such a big part of the game for me! (I’m not that creative and haven’t learned how to fully utilise the build tool yet!)