Hearthling with broken animations

Title: Broken animations

Summary: Hearthling seems to be following other hearthling’s animations, seemingly at random. Hearthling will use any animations currently being used by other hearthlings, such as mining animations or sleeping animations, but will be walking around or farming. While not using random animations, the hearthling will use the animations he is supposed to, but his head will be on the ground with his body intersecting it. I did notice that when I made him a farmer, his outfit turned blue, rather than the red of the Rayya’s Children. This may have been the cause? I’m not sure.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load up new game with the Rayya’s Children
  2. Make someone a farmer??
  3. I have no idea, it just sort of happened

Expected Results: All hearthlings use proper animations

Actual Results: One hearthling does whatever he wants, I guess

Notes: I have not played this game in a fairly long time, so I am a little rusty on explaining exactly what went wrong. Also, I tried my best to take screenshots, but my computer decided to be difficult. I am not sure if his animation has been tied to one hearthling or if it is just random. I first noticed the issue when I promoted a hearthling to potter, and my farmer played through te promotion animation as well. I will have to watch him more closely next time, and try to get screenshots.

Attachments:

Versions and Mods: Most recent version

System Information: Intel® Core ™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz 2.40 GHz
8.00 GB RAM (7.88 GB usable)
64-bit

Go home village, you’re drunk.
If I summarize, hearthlings can sometimes do an animation which is not from their job (copying someone else doing it) and they can also do animation from the forest people. Am I good ?

I haven’t really played the game for a solid… I don’t know, 6 months I guess? I’m a little out of touch.

Anyways, just to clarify, do Rayya’s Children farmers have blue outfits? Or is that part of the bug do you think? And also, he isn’t just doing it occasionally. From what I have seen, pretty much they only time he isn’t copying animations is when he is farming, in which case he gets the weird head bug. He does a lot of things while walking. Like sleeping. Literally sleepwalking. He was doing that when I exited the game I think.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Males with outfits losing their heads! (all affected, mostly footmen)

The animation issue is well known, just hard to pin down the cause.

As for the Rayya’s children’s farmers, the outfit color has been discussed, some want unique colors for farmers, other want to be able to identify farmers by their color.

1 Like