Hearthling ownership vs bed undeployed

A hearthling should lose ownership of a bed if it gets moved into stockpile. I found this problem when switching my heathling’s beds for comfy ones after we gained a higher town status. Even though the beds got stored away, there was nobody actually “missing” a bed. This could be particularly inconvenient, if you play to customize everybody’s homes to their liking and then you suddenly lose track of who lived where since there wouldn’t be anybody missing a place to sleep… to whom do I give this bed?

The guy I tested on lost his ownership after I sold his bed… logically. But he clung on to that damn bed until the last moment!

9 Likes

seconded. also ownership should be in the left lower corner, just like the "“made by X or Y” label: it saves a buttonclick to check PER BED. (which ramps up fast)

2 Likes

And I second the labeling. It’s hard to find the beds that are free.

1 Like

Have to chime in on this. It’s quite annoying when you want to replace beds with other/better ones and have to take a wild guess or write everything down in advance to know who “lost” their bed and has to be re-assigned.

It would be really great if either

• beds lose their assignment on getting undeployed/stored
  • we had a global overview of all beds, who they are assigned to and if they are currently deployed

For the latter, maybe something like a table with:
Bed name/type | current owner | icon for (un)deployed state, maybe even clickable so it hops to the current placement point or storage space.

Something like this might even be a base for replacing the current assignment system. Having to click through all beds manually to see if they have someone assigned can be… a bit of a bother at times, especially in larger towns with beds spread across lots of buildings.

1 Like