Bed owner "Already owns an item of this type" status not cleared

Summary:
Once a person owns a bed, they appear to always be marked as owning a bed even if their bed is undeployed.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Put down a bed.
  2. Assign it to an owner.
  3. Undeploy the bed.

Expected Results:
When setting owners for another bed, the undeployed bed’s owner should be marked as not owning a bed.

Actual Results:
They’re still marked as owning a bed.

Notes:
I used a Comfy Bed, not sure if it matters. I’d test to see if it happens if you reassign a bed’s owner without undeploying it, but all of my villagers have gotten stuck in permanent bed ownership mode at this point.

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
3023, no mods.

System Information:
Windows 10 64-bit
Toshiba Laptop (Satellite P855)
Intel i5 Processor, 4-Core, 2.5 GHz
6 GB RAM
680 GB Hard Drive
Integrated Graphics Card

Hi,
This is not a bug. The fact that the bed is no longer placed in the world doesn’t mean the hearthling no longer owns it. Otherwise, moving a bed will also cause the hearthling to no longer own the bed (the bed will become an iconic for a short while) – the two cases are exactly the same from the game’s perspective. If you would like the hearthling to own a different bed, you can always select them to own a new bed even if they already own another bed. The previously owned bed will then have no owner.
Thanks
-Yang

2 Likes

Hm. Would it be possible to have a different message for owning a bed that’s currently undeployed? It’d be nice to be able to keep track of whose beds haven’t been moved yet, and easier to tell when someone’s bed was undeployed with no intention of being moved.

Actually, this seems like it could cause problems if I undeploy a bed without any immediate intention of giving it back, then place a bed somewhere, and a hearthling happens to pick up the previously owned bed rather than a new one. I guess it’s an acceptably weird edge case, though…

1 Like