Hearthling has not yielded after 35 AI spins

Hem… 421 pages of error ? Do you know how to reproduce the bug ?
@moderators

Not much I can say without more details…

Hi,
In the next unstable release, there will be more information in the error message.
If you have a save file where this error will happen, that would really help

Thanks
-Yang

2 Likes

mentioned hearthling is mining clay atm this error popped up.

develop-2871 (x64)@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:566: (6991 Aren Mistyaan) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: could not reserve regionstack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:223: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:442: in function 'verify’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:566: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:524>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:243: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:524: in function '_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:249: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246>
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246: in function 'f’
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

edit: next claymining

develop-2871 (x64)@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:566: (4876 Astryd Tiroku) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: could not reserve regionstack traceback:
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:566: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:524>
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:249: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246>

@Seraphic, do you have a save where this occurs? @yshan is looking for one:

just happened twice again while mining. mining is still in progress so good chance to reproduce the “bug”.

i didn’t notice anything unusual though.

1457103180976.7z (4.1 MB)

1 Like

I got a bug stating Zanda, one of my Hearthlings, was doing the same. Turns out she was a touch stuck while mining but another got her out quickly. This looked more like a useful cry for help to me and it worked nicely.

Summary:
Random engine error when mining out large section of land.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Mine out large area.
  2. Don’t have enough storage.
  3. Crash and Burn

Actual Results:

develop-2871 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:566: (1027803 Poni Grail) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: could not reserve region
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:223: in function ‘report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:442: in function ‘verify’
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:243: in function ‘xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:524: in function ‘_thread_main’
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:243: in function ‘xpcall’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246: in function ‘f’

Attachments:

auto_save.zip (9.0 MB)

Version Number and Mods in use:
develop-2871 (x64)

1 Like

Hi folks,

I got this “not yielded after X ai spins” message too, but not sure it’s the same cause.

In this case:

• Combat party of two sent after a cluster of giant zombies (yes, cluster)
  • Party was victorious; one 'ling took damage, the other did not. Injured Footling was showing half a heart.
  • After the last zombie dropped, and they were moving away from the area but the combat music had not stopped, I hit the “cancel all combat orders” X (thinking they might tear off into the woods otherwise).
  • Got the below traceback (Tadan was the injured Footling):

develop-2871 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:566: (3565 Tadan Umbro) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: mover aborted
stack traceback:

I checked, and he’s sitting at the dining hall table eating. Still damaged, but otherwise operating normally. The combat music had still not stopped; there was no Hearthling engaged in combat that I could find. Injured footman finished meal and went to bed. I sounded the alarm then cancelled it; this stopped the combat music.

Are you still looking for save files where this occurred?

1 Like

Hi!
Yes I am still looking for saves where this occurs, especially if the error will show up after loading.

A bit of context for this error for those interested. The error is saying that a hearthling keeps trying to do something and then stopping immediately, which is bad because we should have planned to not do something at all if it meant the guy would have to stop immediately. The important part is the “last abort reason”. This gives a clue as to what the hearthling was trying to do that got it into a loop. Thus all the errors that have a different abort reason are actually separate issues and each need a different save for debugging :slight_smile:

Thanks for reporting all of these!
-Yang

2 Likes

Gotcha. Here’s one where it recently happened a couple of times. There seemed to be a traffic jam at the top of a ladder to an area where mining was happening; one of the Hearthlings (the weaver, presumably going to haul the results of mining since I didn’t uncheck Haul) stopped on the ladder and did nothing for a while, generating this message. He didn’t impede anyone else’s movement; other Hearthlings went past him up and down the ladder as if he wasn’t there.

I was able to wake him up again by sounding the alarm (he went into ready stance), then clearing it. After that he went down the ladder and resumed his blocky virtual life as if nothing had happened.

Edit: er, it seems I cannot upload attachments.

but you can upload it to the web via services like dropbox and post the link to it here.

oh, sorry about that, i’ve bumped you up to TL1 so you should be able to upload files now :slightly_smiling:

Heh thanks. Here’s the entire save folder for the game that’s been generating these, 3 or 4 so far. The save is not immediately after the first case with the wounded Footling, but it should be shortly after the herbalist was throwing them while frozen on a ladder.

Pardon the random stairways carved into mountains. I am sorry to report it took me several hours to discover ladders in the build menu >.>

1457213971240.zip (7.2 MB)

1 Like

Summary:
A15 Engine Failure AI Loop During Mining
Steps to reproduce:

1. Using small mining tool to mark blocks to mine while making stone staircase
  2. Marking a large number causes one worker (Jo Carvad) to enter AI loop (?)

Expected Results:
For workers to decide how to mine in most efficient manner…
Actual Results:
Error on screen, slow mining.
Notes:
develop-2871 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:566: (5245 Jo Carvad) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: could not reserve region
stack traceback:
Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:

System Information:

Summary:
Ok, I’m just reposting the error message I got. It didn’t seem to effect gameplay.

Steps to reproduce:
I have no idea.

develop-2876 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:566: (234646 Monty Dorril) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: could not reserve region
stack traceback:

develop-2876 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:566: (455460 Rabbit) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: mover aborted
stack traceback:

No mods (no masters!), version is current dev branch on steam as per error message.

Steps to reproducuse:

Just stared a fresh game, happened 5 minutes in, was about to mine, when it popped

Error:

release-537 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:566: (33057 Tippy Lebam) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: could not reserve region
stack traceback:

Ive only had this bug on worker Hearthlings (tho’s without tasks assigned).
Although i have a hunch (from trying to replicate) it may be associated with hearthlings that were once assigned a Job, but have been reassigned to worker.

? maybe they are trying to level up (‘xpcall’) while not having a job to be promoted in ?

Did you get a save file yet?
Can upload once i get back to my home machine

Thanks for all the saves! They really helped out. I was able to track down and fix the bug for mining (although there could be other bugs causing the ai to spin for other actions).

2 Likes