Ai spin error - reason: follow_path mover aborted

Summary:
After defeating a goblin camp, i clicked on a wolf pelt that waas lying around after an earlier goblin-trained wolf attack. The bug box appeared. It is as follows.
release-559 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:567: (3378374 Fox) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: follow_path mover aborted
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:456: in function 'verify’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:567: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:525>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:525: in function '_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:249: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246>
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246: in function 'f’
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>
Steps to reproduce:

1. Defeat goblin camp after having a man tell you about goblin wolves and being attaced by some.
  2. Click on a wolf pelt from the aforeentiones raid

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Notes:
The bug does not appear to affect gameplay.
Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Release 559 (x64), no mods
System Information:
PC running windows 10. Made by lenovo.

This error is referring to a fox with an id of (3378374), its most likely a critter that has been tamed by the trapper. I think it just happen at the same time you clicked on the pelt. Can you check to see if a fox is stuck on a bed or trapped on a ledge?

release-559 (x64)@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:567: (854362 Racoon) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: follow_path mover abortedstack traceback:
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:567: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:525>
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:249: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246>

I’m assuming that these AI are controlled via coroutines considering the yield part of the error. This probably means that something inside of the racoon’s AI is taking a bit longer than normal. Probably means there could be some optimization done in the critters objects.

1 Like

If I remember correctly @Albert was looking for saves with the follow_path error in them, so uploading the save here might help them track down the bug :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I believe we now understand the cause of this error. It usually resolves itself quickly, so we haven’t prioritized this over other bugs. If anyone sees this impacting their gameplay, please let us know.

release-559 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:567: (1939393 Fox) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: follow_path mover aborted
stack traceback:

Welcome to the forum, @Lastan_Likeriver :smiley:

I’ve merged your thread here, since it’s the same error.

Thanks for reporting!

Summary:
Every time I load up my world, I receive an error. I believe it is that after 10 AI cycles, the bunny does not “yield”.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Have a rabbit ranching area
  2. Possibly have a full one?

Expected Results:
A smooth run
Actual Results:
An error message every time I load the world
Notes:
Bug Report:
develop-2924 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:566: (15368057 Rabbit) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: follow_path mover aborted
stack traceback:
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:566: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:524>
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:524: in function '_thread_main’
Attachments:

develop-2924 (64-bit), no mods
System Information:
16GB RAM
Enough Storage Space
NVidia GeForce GTX 745
Windows 10 Home

Hi @DomoThunderbolt, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I think this error is quite similar to this other one from A15 : [R-549 x64] "Pets becoming stuck on Fine Comfy Beds"

But seems the steps and the Last abort reason are slightly different.

Thanks for reporting!

I couldn’t find this post until now. If you want the saved game for debugging, I haven’t played more on this game for fear of muddying the data once I got the error. I didn’t know which of the four files you wanted, so I just zipped them all.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19843039/1464016180694.zip

I hope this helps. Say something if there’s a problem.

1. Is it always a good idea to upload a saved game if one is asking about an error you got?
  2. Which of the four files is most important to upload? Not that all four in a zip is very large, but I’d prefer not to negatively impact other people’s internet if I can help it.

Summary:
While sending a poor little hearthling across the map to build a ladder and cut some wood I encountered this error. I would estimate it to be halfway across the map (If the map seed would be helpful I can provide that).
Steps to reproduce:

1. I had 21 hearthlings at the time of the script error. All professions were currently active with tasks except engineer and soldiers.
  2. Built ladders on two different levels (Simultaniously), they were not able to reach area to build second ladder since first had not been completed (I believe this is what probably caused it).
  3. Proceeded to build a storage area near each ladder (Within 5 blocks) and cut down several trees in the vicinity to build said ladders. This is when the error occured.

Expected Results:
I expected them to do what I told them to. Sorry but it was just cutting trees and building 2 ladders. I did feel this would be a problem since I had yet to encounter any bugs with this release.
Actual Results:
It did not seem to affect the game adversely and one the first ladder was built the second was finished. THIS DID NOT CAUSE A CTD.
Notes:

Attachments:
release-593 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:567: (4650865 Racoon) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: follow_path mover aborted reason: could not compute full path in start.
stack traceback:
Alpha 17 ver. 593. No Mods are in use.
System Information:
Hp Pavillion DV7
Intel® Core i5-2430M CPU @ 2.4 GHz
8 GB RAM
Intel® HD Graphics 3000

Not sure where to post this, but i received a ERROR CODE

Just made an account to post this, not sure if it’s the right place. love the game though! :smiley:

release-610 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:567: (16330 Sledd Rell) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: follow_path mover aborted reason: could not compute full path in start.
stack traceback:

Welcome to the forum, @Scutt :smile:

I’ve merged your post here, since it’s the same error. (Sorry for the duplicate, right when I was merging my internet connection dropped and it seems to have merged it twice).

Thanks for reporting!

I’m making this for bugs that I have no idea how it happens and I do not seem to be able to find a place to put these bugs

Here are 2 of my bugs no idea how they happend or what they do was just playing on times 2 speed and then BAM pop up that said this release-610 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:567: (6289 Idria Mont) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: follow_path mover aborted reason: could not compute full path in start.
stack traceback:
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14> about 10 minutes later I get another almost identical thing but this time about my pet fox swiper release-610 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:567: (460104 swiper) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: follow_path mover aborted reason: could not compute full path in start.
stack traceback:
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14> I would love if someone told me how this happened I was never good with code

Welcome to the forum, @Owen_Knowlton :slight_smile:

I’ve merged your report here.

To report a bug, create a topic under the Bug Reports category of the forum.

I keep getting this engine error in the game, sometimes it pops up when creating buildings, other times just random.

release-663 (x64)[M]
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:551: (5057 Caleb Umbro) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: follow_path mover aborted reason: could not compute full path in start.
stack traceback:
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:551: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:509>
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:509: in function '_thread_main’

Welcome to the forum, @rawdeegaming :slight_smile:

I’ve just merged your report here. This is a non-fatal error that happens sometimes.