Getting somewhere but need some help

For this kinda of check, I recommend the http://jsonlint.com/ site. You just copy your text there, and it will point errors like extra commas, wrong opening brackets, etc…

Edit, get ninjad BarbeQ

3 Likes

Then I must have dislexia as well :smile:
I constantly miss stuff like that in my files (especially in the en.json).

But a good place to check your JSON files is JSONLint . There, no comma can slip through…

Oh… @BrunoSupremo just slipped past me and inserted his post. Smooth move, man :sunglasses:

3 Likes

To be fair, Stonehearth’s JSON parser is beyond bad and its error messages, if there even are any, aren’t helpful at all.

allright next question :stuck_out_tongue:

so i iam thinking of making a new job. Can you guys help me by telling me what i am still missing and these few code lines i cant figure out.

So what i found i need in the mod for a new job are these files:
entities/(every other entity i need to make)
jobs/painter/painter_abilities
jobs/painter/painter_outfit
jobs/painter/painter_(tool)
jobs/painter/painter_workbench
jobs/painter/images
jobs/painter/recipes
jobs/painter/skin
jobs/painter/painter.lua
jobs/painter/painter_descritpion.json
jobs/index.json
locales/en.josn
manifest.json

Those are the files i see i need for a new job.
Aside from that i cant find the source of these lines to changes. i take carpenter as example.

“controller”: “stonehearth:class:carpenter”, (does this refer to the class you created in the .lua?)
“talisman_uri”: “stonehearth:carpenter:talisman”,
“promotion_activity_name”: “promote_carpenter”,

do i have erverything? and those 3 lines can someone explain them to me. all the other stuff i got except for those.
I also know how to created items and how recipes work and stuff so that is no problem. i have spit trough all the files in the maps i listed and understood where they for where and how they worked.

tanks in advance!