General ideas for the game

Hey guys! Have an idea about the game? Post it here! If you have any ideas that you would like to see in the game, just post the idea here and hopefully a bunch of people will see it! The ideas can be about anything that has to do with Stonehearth. This is also a place where you can share cubicle creations.
Thanks!
Jelly

Just sayingā€¦ but there is a Suggestions section for thisā€¦ :wink:

I didnā€™t see one, oops.

@SteveAdamo will probably lock/merge this in a sec but in the meant timeā€¦

• bazzuka that fires gnomes that leave rainbow trails (ya Iā€™ve said that before but Iā€™m not letting it go yet)
  • villagers randomly going nutz and doing silly stuff like acting like a dog

A simple idea about name generation. Letā€™s have more names by splitting them up :stuck_out_tongue:

Simple FirstAFirstB LastALastB format may get us far more names than normal First Last what we have at the moment.

Example table

• FirstA: A, Al, Bri, Cyn, E, Il, Mis, Or, Sil,
  • FirstB: ba, da, ga, ma, tia
  • LastA: Burly, Thin, Oak, Moon
  • LastB: burg, hands, moon, rock, wood

Example names by this

• Mistia Oakwood
  • Silda Burlyhands
  • Ama Moonmoon (oopsieā€¦ but the more name fragments, the lesser propability of those easter eggs)
    etc.

This ā€œmod ideaā€ will be extremely useful for example in Nihonjin mod (due to japanese kanji, naming system et caeteraā€¦ @Avairian ? :wink: ).
I am willing to help in testing/adding ā€˜name fragmentsā€™ into the mod.

took me a wee bit longerā€¦ but i made it! :smile:

seems like this was a good place to mergeā€¦ :+1:

I was compiling a list of Japanese family names and given names yesterday and came across this issue. With Japanese names being written reverse of ours (last/first instead of first/last) I realized that some sort of name generation mod would be required. That and the fact that a lot of Japanese names are the combination of two or more Kanji. If you want to explore this idea Iā€™d be very interested. (and it would save me some time :wink: )

You will use last/first or first/last type in the mod? using last/first may be problematic with people who want to use Nihonjin mod as another nation.

I think to generate japanese-like name in SH we must have 2 steps in generator.
Step 1: set the ā€˜number of kanjiā€™ used for the name, both first (1-3) and last(1-3).
Step 2: according to selected numbers get a random ā€˜kanji readingā€™ from the available list.

Problem is some names may be both male and female though. Also, some names like Makoto (ēœŸ, ā€˜truthā€™) or Kokoro (åæƒ, ā€˜heartā€™) are written in one Kanji. Other ones, like Sakura (ę”œ, ā€˜cherry treeā€™) may have only some specified ā€˜expandsā€™ (for Sakura, the only one ā€˜expandā€™ I know at the moment is Sakurako (ę”œå­, ā€˜child of sakuraā€™)

It may be difficult but interesting, to create a Nihonjin name generator. :slight_smile:

Iā€™d prefer to go the traditional route and go last/first. Could pose a few problems for other nations. . . Could always find a way to make it toggle-able or just a Nihonjin nation specific? Iā€™ll have to think about this. I only have a basic python programming class under my belt so this programming for my mod is going to be an immersed learning experience for me. :fearful:

Everything surrounding my mod seems to be a very complicated and interesting learning experience from what Iā€™ve seen. :laughing:

Toggle-able will be way better option. :wink:

I personally want to see a way that your tables are your ā€œfood stockpileā€. When my cooks or chiefs finish a meal, like turkey and other stuff, they would bring out the food and put it down on the tables instead of the ground. I would want my villagers to eat in luxury! I know this was a city builder game, but Radiant, you have implement a ā€œthroneā€ that you can promote one of your villagers to be a King or Queen. Also I know some friends of mine are interested in a character that you can control, but it is kinda hard and awkward to add that.

Iā€™m pretty sure this topic already exists
pyre calls for @SteveAdamo and @Geoffers747 to investigate

Here is a list for some temporary bug fix suggestions and other suggestions.

• For the workers stop working bug I suggest a way to reset a current task that particular worker is on.
  • Show what task the worker is currently doing in the character bio screen.
  • Have a list of queued tasks and give the player the ability to reorder the priority and cancel tasks.
  • Give the players the ability to deconstruct objects like chairs and tables back into their base resource(s).
  • Mean bed to require hay.
  • Once farming gets implemented give the player the ability to grow and harvest hay.
  • Give the player the ability to have the carpenter do other work when the carpenter is not building things. The open/close button in the carpenter window could be used for this instead of just for the jobs queued up. This probably wont matter once the player has the ability to get more workers but in the beginning of the game the player needs as many workers as possible.