Game starts lagging a lot

Summary:
I played a new safe for around 30 minutes and suddently everything starts to lag a lot even if its only on speed 1
Steps to reproduce:

1. I don’t know for sure but I had the game for around 15 min on pause and then set it to speed 1 without doing anything in those 15 min.

Expected Results:
Game should run as normal without lag.
Actual Results:
Game suddently had a lot of lag and hearthlings don’t work anymore after unpausing.
Notes:
I restarted the game, paused and unpaused but that didn’t help. My computer can normally handle 20 hearthlings fine so this is strange with only 5 hearthlings. The Lua and Lua_jobs keep being really high if that helps.
Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Latest unstable Beta Build

Smart Crafter
Kai Monkey’s Traits
Miner Profession
Smart Crafter
Primitive Armory
Settlement Decor

It wasn’t me! I’m innocent I sware :yum:

U sure about that :full_moon_with_face: :joy:

1 Like

There were some recent optimizations that seem to have broken water in some cases.
You have a glitch in a landmark that uses water, it’s somewhere in your map. Not sure of a manual way to fix it, probably with instamine and destroying the wet_stones and dry_stones from the landmark :thinking:
That might get rid of the lag.

I was having some issues with water with today’s stream as well, I’ll see if I can pull up some clips showing what happened.

But in text, and in short, if you make a wall in the water, crafting some sort of hole and then drain the water out of that to build, then after you remove those walls, the water will glitch out and drain within minutes. Completely.

Destroying all the wet and dry stones worked thank you!

2 Likes

This should not happen in r877 anymore, but old savefiles will still be affected, so I’m glad that the workaround helped :slightly_smiling_face:

How can I destroy all of the wet and dry stones?