Game Crashes on Launch in protocol.h

I tried Alpha 19 through Steam and now it works! I’m not sure whether it’s the new alpha, the fact that I installed corefonts via wine corefonts, the fact that I’m using it through Steam instead of the Humble Bundle or some other incidental difference but it now loads saved games successfully. Or at least it has once so far.

EDIT: No, it just worked for that one load. That save is now breaking in the same way again.

1 Like

I’ve switched to ArchLinux and I’m no longer encountering the issue. My best guess is that Fedora comes bundled with some security software that I haven’t added to my very minimal Arch Linux install yet, but I’m not sure what it would be - as mentioned I disabled both my firewall and SELinux trying to get it to work. Either that or some network component that I have with Arch but didn’t with Fedora - I know I’ve encountered issues before with smbclient or similar missing but that wasn’t the case this time.

I am using a new Wine version (wine 1.9.21 instead of wine 1.9.11) but I don’t think that’s it.

I will update this thread if the issue recurs.

1 Like

Hi, just managed to log in finally.

I have been having this problem for over a year and i think it may be something to do with a peice of software that comes bundled with fedora called “firewalld” i have been using steam ( windows version) installed in a wine environment and recently i got alpha 22 working besides from this bug,

If someone with some knowlege of how the game works wouldnt mind having a look into what part of firewalld might be causing it i would appreciate.
i just although thought i should let you know that it is an ongoing problem.

Anyways, thanks for making such a great game and i hope that at some point it will be fixed.

also, if anyone wants any logs or anything just ask

anyone here ? …