My game started throwing exceptions (showing the LUA stack trace), and re-embarkment seems broken.
Everything I selected to take with me is gone, including my hearthlings, but I’m still stuck in my old town.
Trying to use the campaign browser in the debug tools doesn’t help and throws the same error over and over.
Opening the object browser shows “unknown game object”.
Steps to reproduce:
- Load the save game and try to re-embark
Triggers the re-embark.
Nothing happens, error shows on screen.
…hearth/services/server/building/building_service.lua:39: attempt to index local ‘bp’ (a nil value)
…hearth/services/server/building/building_service.lua:39: in function ‘_fixup_bidcount’
…hearth/services/server/building/building_service.lua:63: in function ‘initialize’
stonehearth/stonehearth_server.lua:33: in function ‘create_service’
stonehearth/stonehearth_server.lua:88: in function <stonehearth/stonehearth_server.lua:82>
[C]: in function ‘trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:55: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:55>
Save game attached as 7z as a zip file is 11MB.
auto_save.7z (6.5 MB)
Version Number and Mods in use:
1.1.0 (release 936) x64
That is the expected behavior. They disappear, and next time you start a new game, you’ll see a blue flag in the roster screen, which opens a list of reembarkation specs, where you can choose your hearthlings and items that have been saved in this town, to start the new game with them.
I’ve merged your report here since these errors were already reported by other users.
Sadly, they’re causing a chain of game breaking issues. I hope we can find the root cause of this and fix it.
The problem is that some blueprints (of fixtures, building structures or the like) are not being saved correctly, and are breaking the rest of buildings on restore (when you load the savefile). And this is causing other services to not initialize properly either, causing issues in several systems of the game.
If anyone has a way to reproduce this, it’ll be super helpful. The issue becomes apparent after loading the affected savefile, but it must have happened before it was saved because the save files already have that bad data in themselves.
Did you delete stuff in your building blueprints? Were you using templates or only custom made buildings?
I initially only used templates, but then added a couple of custom made buildings (which were saved as templates before being built).
Some other things I did that perhaps caused issues:
- Buildings - Placed custom items inside templates
- Buildings - Moved items that were placed as part of the template
- Buildings - Deleted the “item placeholder” when moving/replacing items from templates
- Enemies - A group of enemies spawned on top of a mountain and I left them here. They were gone the next Load.
- Items - Placed an item really close to a crafting station. The craftsman then placed the finished products “on top” of it causing them to float in the air. I placed a ladder and Moved them to “fix” this.
- Items - Messed around a lot with what containers hold what. I did have issues with containers marked as “wood” holding everything, for example, or Finished Work shelves not actually holding anything.
- Enemies - I defended the Spirit Dude, and as a reward got a pet dragon. I THINK I also got an egg or something like that, but if I remember correctly my game crashed and when I came back I only had the dragon - the egg was gone.
Hope any of these are at all helpful, or that the save game has any hints.
Re the re-embarkment - starting a new game now indeed has the villagers and items. May I suggest adding a popup or something saying this? I was waiting for a “start a new town now” dialogue to show up, or something telling me it was a success. Instead my hearthlings and items were gone, and I was back in my town with no indication that something happened.
You know, i think one may have happened as a building shouldve finished, the scaffolding was still up and the building looked unfinished, but the next time i loaded the building completed.
First time this happened i was in build mode during an auto save.
Do you remember if you got any error while building / designing buildings?
Did you move / replace any item while the building was being built by the hearthlings? (which is not supported, just trying to reduce the number of possible causes)
EDIT: Actually, do you remember using the Clear tool to destroy items, by any chance?