[Forum Game] Derpy Translations

Okay, here’s the idea:

Google Translates has its faults.

This game exploits that for giggles and laughter! :rainbow:

How to Play:

1. Someone starts off with a sentence: “The Moderators on the Stonehearth Discourse are robots!”
  2. Someone translates that into another language (Latin): Moderatores in robots sunt vocabula Petrae focum!
  3. Some one translates that into another language (Mandarin Chinese, Simplified): 在机器人的焦点是条款“彼得版主!
  4. After this rotation, we translate it back into English: In terms of the focus of the robot is Peter moderator!

LOL! :wink:

I’ll start off:
In order to comprehend the awesomeness of Swift Cube, one must first microwave a tomato.

(Google Translate Link: http://translate.google.com/)

How many languages can we go without putting it back to English?

German: Um die awesomeness von Swift Cube begreifen, muss man zuerst die Mikrowelle eine Tomate.

Well, I guess in order for it to become funny a minimum of 3. Also, the person who ends a sentence gets dibs on picking the new sentence (Or paragraph, or essay, or dissertation :wink:)

Korean: 스위프트 큐브의 위대성을 이해하려면 먼저 토마토를 전자 레인지에해야합니다.

Arabic: سريعة لفهم عظمة المكعب في فرن الميكروويف، يجب عليك أولا الطماطم.

PS - It’s already pretty funny.

Zulu:Quick ukuqonda ubukhulu we cube in a kuhhavini microwave, kumele wena utamatisi kuqala.

1 Like

Filipino: Mabilis na maunawaan ang kadakilaan ng kubo sa isang microwave oven, dapat mo munang mga kamatis

English: Quickly understand the greatness of the cube in a microwave oven, you must first tomatoes

Also, sorry to burst you’re bubble, but their is already a website for this:

http://ackuna.com/badtranslator

Captain Buzzkill’s comments, and my own loathing for forum games aside, i love the premise… :smile:

oh, and i added a category, so consider that my initial contribution! :blush:

1 Like

japanese:
脇フォーラムのゲームのための私自身の嫌悪は、私は前提を愛する…
ああ、私は、カテゴリを追加しましたので、私の最初の貢献それを考慮して!

Irish (Worst language ever BTW):

An disgust de mo chuid féin le haghaidh an cluiche ar ceal fóram, is breá liom an premise …
Ó, Rinne mé, mar sin linn a chur catagóir, ag cur san áireamh an méid atá mo chéad!

Mongolian: Хурдан нь бичил долгионы зууханд куб агуу байдлыг ойлгож, та эхлээд улаан лооль ёстой

Y’know, I’m starting to think there should be a Forum Game Category. Any thoughts, @SteveAdamo or @Geoffers747?

Try out this video, It’s the Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air through all the languages!

It’s pretty funny!

Only one, and it contains several more expletives than this:

2 Likes

Party pooper.

Also, you derailed the game:

@SteveAdamo I may be blind… but what is the category? :see_no_evil:

originally there wasn’t one… so i had tossed it into General Discussion… no biggie! :smiley:

ARGH SO MANY ERRORS IN GRAMMAR!!! bangs head on wall

Currently in English:
Quickly understand the greatness of the microwave cubic, you must first tomatoes

Vietnamese:
Nhanh chóng hiểu sự vĩ đại của lò vi sóng khối, bạn phải đầu tiên cà chua

As long as you understand what he means it isn’t a problem :). Just ignore it. There isn’t anything more discouraging for learning/speaking a language than people who keep telling that your grammar is wrong. (basically we don’t want grammar nazis)

Also:
Finnish:
Nopeasti ymmärtämään suuruutta lohkon mikroaaltouuni, sinun on ensin tomaatti

4 Likes

Okay! writes on sticky note then inserts into ear and sticks onto brain

1 Like

Mmmmmmm,

All I can say is:

lots of äs

Even though I have great grammar, I usually drop my standards when it comes to the Internet.