Fireplaces, specifically 2x2

simple question, tricky answer i bet:
we have a 1x1 brazier. we have 3x3 hearths and things. but during my own attempt at a 2x2 version, i noticed that if i use the hearth code and let the put a block in in light it that block will always be at a corner of the model.
is there some way i could have a 2x2 that alligns with the grid, while still having that block in the middle of the moddel? so at the intersection between the four blocks the hearth rests on?

1 Like
  "stonehearth:lamp": {
     "light_policy": "manual",
     "light_effect": "stonehearth:effects:firepit_effect",
     "light_origin": { "x": 0, "y": 1, "z": 0 }
  },

This is what’s determining the placement of the light. So you probably want to make a copy of it, and change it to match where you want your light to be, then have your 2x2 firepit refer to it instead.

I suggest taking a look at Lodewell Lights if you want to see how to go about that; it has its own custom light effects for its various entities. :slight_smile:

its not so much the light thats giving me issue, as where hearthlings dump the wooden block. or are those X/Z coordinates the same? (its still odd that stonehearth used x and z for sideways and lenght wise. Z is for hight damnit devs :stuck_out_tongue: )

Oh, uh… entirely uncertain, frankly, lol.
My guess would be the model origin for that, or maybe the collision shape?

@max99x any clue?

If you don’t want to offset the model origin, you could try the stonehearth:table entry in entity_data. That should determine drop location. See the carpenter workbench for the syntax.

2 Likes

I’ll do just that, thanks!

2 Likes

fireplace_big.zip (5.7 KB)
you know the stupid thing? that code was stupid easy to find,
the stpid-ER thing, i seem to have lost the mental abillity to lign up a 2x2 sized item with the blocks under it.
the ghost lines up fine, even when rotating…and then the actual model jumps diagonally to the side on placement… how the hell do i fix this XD?

Hey I’m not understanding fully what your problem is. I jumped on and placed you fireplace in my mod to test it out however all the placements ghost and the fire pit line up fine with the grids on the floor even on rotation. The only thing that seems wrong for me is the fact they place the log on the side of the pit and not in the center.

Ah, maybe I did do it right and it was a restart stonehearth thing then :"D
Was wondering why I saw no mistake last night. Well then it’s just fiddling with where they drop the log, thanks for looking man!

No problem. Yeah on my end everything seems fine besides the log placement! Good luck.