Epic, Gigantic, A14/A15 Saves

Thanks man, ill give that a try. And you can increase the villager count in settings> gameplay (max is 40).

4 Likes

Well first off, thanks Team Radiant for all the hard work you guys are doing. I absolutely love Stonehearth and can’t wait to see where it will go.

This save was doing just fine up until the latest major building project. I’m at 29 (I think?) hearthlings. The problem I’m having is that I’ve created a large castle in the building designer, and whenever I try to start the build the game freezes. I’ve let it go for 15 minutes to see if it will eventually start, but nothing happens.
I’ve also tried the instabuild through the console and the same thing happens.

Save file is here:

I’m running on Windows 10, i5-3210 CPU @ 2.5 ghz, 8 gig Ram, 64 bit, and an Nvidia GeForce GT 650M.

12 Likes

@Mindemann
do you have the plan saved for that castle? :yum:

1 Like

Yes, yes I do. :slightly_smiling: I havent tried it on any other maps yet, but maybe I will just to see if there’s any difference.

if it works out mind sharing ? :grin:

1 Like

And if it doesn’t work out, please post it to the thread linked below :wink:
http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/the-buildings-my-hearthling-will-not-build-thread/14704/45?u=jomaxro

2 Likes

Nope, it didn’t work. It just crashed the game as soon as I clicked on a spot to place the template. I’m guessing my system must be running out of memory. I’ll try posting in the other thread and see if my design has any hope of ever becoming more than just a shadow of it’s imagined glory.

Thank you for all your hard work. I dearly love this game and I have fun every time I start a new town. The That’s why the inevitable idling of my Hearthlings is always such a disappointment. This latest town was my most stable yet but it too eventually succumbed. :stuck_out_tongue:

I made it to 17 Hearthlings this time, which is pretty good for my setup. I had goblim camps spawn at opposite sides of the map and laid waste to them. Ordering my Hearthlings to loot them was I think where the problem began, because after that things never worked the same. Days later and still nothing is looted from the camps. Around the same time, I started a watchtower on the hill above my town and my townies made it to the second floor before they just gave up and started idling. I paused construction to see if it would help but it didn’t seem to dislodge anything.

One other thing: I noticed that my Hearthlings are just dropping items, presumably from their backpacks, on the ground for no reason. I watched my Trapper drop a bunch of silkweed bundles near his traps and then resume standing around. Also some of my Hearthlings dropped random items like wool and metal ore near and on my uncompleted watchtower for no apparent reason while it was still under construction.

My system specs:
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.4 GHz
GTX 560 Ti
8 GB of RAM

I’m running the game in 64-bit mode.

Thank you so much for all you do! :slightly_smiling:

OrchardsideSHSave.zip (8.9 MB)

if your interested I can test it? I have a beefy computer so it might work for me?
12 g graphics 32g ram 8 core :laughing:

Hey all! want to start by saying this game is amazing but as my little hearthling town grows, so do the bugs. I have 28 hearthlings and im starting to encounter quite a few bugs. The first of which is every time I load my save I get errors. My hearthlings seem to just move stuff around and place items randomly wherever they feel like. All of my latest buildings make the hearthlings leave the ladders under my windows and also a big green “move” arrow above every window. thats just a few I can remember. I look forward to this game as it grows and I love it.

here is my save. My save.zip - Google Drive

Windows 7
Intel Core i5 4670k
Nvidia GeForce GTX 760
8 Gb of ram

running in 64 bit

thank you

Sure man, give it a try. I’d love to see a screenshot or two if you can get it to work.

Hey there @iMfRoMtHeFuTuRe, welcome to the Discourse! Thanks for the save!

I have tried your castle @Mindemann and it still takes a long time to render with the game I have. hopefully a15 will fix that

@sdee
here’s another larger save got about 25 Hearthlings and 1 house started and im starting to have problems. me heartlings are taking forever to make anything and they seem to be forgetting about hauling things

there are also things stuck in the air in the area I have been mining

im sure ponder will like the save as well I hope :smile:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Pj1xRD4jFxeXlGc2RMVloxZ3c&usp=sharing

I’ll keep going and try to get a larger settlement and more houses up to see if that helps

You can get more villagers, In the options menu, go to gameplay, then you set how many villagers you can have in a world.

yes thought the setting’s menu you can change how many max Hearthlings you can have. currently the max is 40

I can not load this save …
http://www.filedropper.com/save_9

Stonehearth loads half and then it’s gone, crash without a crash just gone

Currently at 31 Hearthlings and the latest project is dragging like molasses. Building a rather big tower and they’re putting up ridiculous amounts of ladders. Never had such severe slowdowns before. Playing Release 523.

System: Core i5-3470 @3,2 GHz, GTX 970, Windows 10 64-Bit (and running SH in 64-Bit mode), 8 GB RAM.

Here’s the save file](1455307603982.zip - Google Drive).

And here’s the template: very tall tower corner.zip (173.4 KB)

I’ve got an issue with it when placing it on a plateau. Sometimes it will sink into the rock, sometimes it will float in the air.

3 Likes

@sdee
got you 2 more saves that I hope help in some way

here is one were they seem to refuse to haul anything unless a vault is nearby. they don’t want to build the house and my blacksmiths que stays the way it is, they refuse to craft anything

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Pj1xRD4jFxSDBkck54T1FHZkE&usp=sharing

and this one I used the console to get some houses up to see if having some build houses will do anything. it seems all work but farming has come to a halt… it they were going any slower they would be going backwards

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Pj1xRD4jFxMFMtVG96TmpQck0&usp=sharing

here is one more that I tried to see how far I could push my computer

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Pj1xRD4jFxSDhkbG5PSUJZUFE&usp=sharing

I used the debug tools to add some Hearthlings this is with 40 Hearthlings and very little being worked on

no one in crating
they are idle most of the time

even with an 8 core computer with 32 g ram and 12 gb in graphics cards it takes forever and it really lags on 1 times speed :dizzy_face:
if theres anything that you want me to try just poke me=]

im tempted to start a new town and see if I can get anywere with 40 Hearthlings to start :innocent: