Engine error leads to empty building structure (probably)

Summary:
Engine error when designing building, then walls, floor and all other structures are invisible.

Here’s the error report (3 total):
1)
release-549 (x64)radiant/modules/events.lua:83: assertion failed!stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:223: in function ‘report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:234: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:228>
[C]: in function ‘assert’
radiant/modules/events.lua:83: in function ‘listen’
…h/components/entity_forms/entity_forms_component.lua:458: in function ‘_trace_ghost_pre_destroy’
…h/components/entity_forms/entity_forms_component.lua:465: in function ‘_start_placement_task’
…h/components/entity_forms/entity_forms_component.lua:63: in function ‘obj’
radiant/modules/events.lua:73: in function ‘instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:206: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:200>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:243: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:200: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:171>

release-549 (x64)…earth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.lua:1325: attempt to index a nil valuestack traceback:
…earth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.lua:1325: in function ‘_set_build_mode’
…earth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.lua:786: in function ‘_stop_project’
…earth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.lua:528: in function ‘_updates_state’
…earth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.lua:519: in function ‘obj’
radiant/modules/events.lua:200: in function ‘trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:269: in function ‘_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.lua:320: in function ‘_update’
radiant/server.lua:62: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

release-549 (x64)…earth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.lua:1325: attempt to index a nil valuestack traceback:
…earth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.lua:1325: in function ‘_set_build_mode’
…earth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.lua:786: in function ‘_stop_project’
…earth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.lua:528: in function ‘_updates_state’
…earth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.lua:519: in function ‘obj’
radiant/modules/events.lua:200: in function ‘trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:269: in function ‘_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.lua:320: in function ‘_update’
radiant/server.lua:62: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

System Information:
CPU: i7 4790
RAM: 8G
GPU: NVidia GTX 970

Good day to you,

Just a few questions. Did you get this error just once or multiple times for example after saving and reloading? Did saving and reloading change anything? HAve you tryed to place the template elsewhere on your map or perhaps a new save? any change?

If not then perhaps uploading the savefile/template may be a good idea so the devs can have a look at it.
hoping this will get resolved, have a nice day :slight_smile:

This happened only once, but there was an same error causing the building design interface act strangely (an category, probably the furniture tab which I can’t remember clearly, was empty). And no, saving & reloading didn’t change anything.

I placed the template elsewhere and in a new game. Everything was just fine. Sorry I don’t have the save file now, but I’ll remember to keep it next time :slight_smile:

Another problem: the building process always stops randomly, pausing and resume or redesigning not helping. (can’t figure out any pattern). But after restarting the game, my villagers will continue to build again. This is really annoying. I saw some one on Steam forum talking about this as well. Hope this can be fixed soon.

Good day to you as well! Hope everything work smoothly for the dev team. Looking forward to a better version!