End Game / Late Game Purchases

So here I am, richer than I EVER need to be, with no idea what to do with this.

Literally, if I could pay the goblins to come do tricks, I would, and I’d over pay them, just to get rid of it. That being said, I feel there need to be some “Major” purchases enabled for the game, purchases that cost $10k, $25k, or more. Here are some of my ideas for purchases;

• Protection Money
    A large amount to go to the Goblins or whomever, in which places your town in peaceful mode for a duration of time (possibly dependent on how much money you give them).

• Epic Expedition
    A quest that takes place off the map, in which I send a select number of footmen out, coming back after a period of time with items that can’t be made or bought (crypt décor for instance).

• Goblin Black Market
    Pay a “Reputably Honest” goblin to get you into the Goblin’s Market, where you can trade goblin tokens for goblin décor and items.

• Big City, Big Market
    Buy rights for the traders that already pass by to access larger city markets, thus expanding their inventories, as well as allowing them to offer special items.

18 Likes

Oh I really like the “Goblin Market” idea, if only because of Goblin Market by Christina Rossetti | Poetry Foundation

It sounds like the end-game will involve like actual magic and wizard/caster classes. If so, endgame magical weapons etc seem like the way to go for that.

3 Likes

The only one that appeals to me in that list is like the person above mentions, the goblin market. Then why not also have one for each of the other factions as well. Undead cloaked stranger that will roll up in a wagon of some kind to show off their merchandise of their faction.

And then others when they come into game.

Well would be the idea anyway. For me I doubt I will ever have that much gold stored up due to the way I play, but always nice to have more options in buying. :slight_smile:

Early game it’s handy to buy stuff like cloth, if you can’t spare a citizen to be a weaver yet for example. Or buying weapons and armour that you can’t currently make. But so far it seems like once you can produce an item, it’s quite simple to quickly churn them out and never need to buy them again. Perhaps more balancing for the time and resources for “high end” recipes is needed…

1 Like

My only argument to that would be HOW I have that much money; farming and enemies. Between the rate that my flowers and trees are growing, as well as all the loot I get from being attacked constantly (I’ve got 4+ graves right now), I have to sell all that in order to keep my inventory limit down. Then you mix it with, like you said, having enough people to produce everything I need, and here I am, a month into the game, with merchants just annoying me anymore because they don’t have anything decent, and more money than I could ever spend.

I will agree, as without them, it’s quite annoying to be worth anything. At the same time, this only last a very short while…

1 Like

While gold at the beginning at the game has many uses (buying not yet available materials, speeding up crafting by buying recourses etc.), I feel the uses for gold start to com edown to hoard to increase net worth when you get to the point that you need to start selling things you overproduce (pelts, plants, animal products, common ore, crafted stuff). Since this reduces the feeling of value the gold has, I suggest adding a few high end uses for gold:

• Contractors: to many heartlings producing gold and to few to make that nicely designed building (which might even bug out due to its complexity)? Pay experienced people to do it for you. Just for the cost of the building (the increase in net worth) and a small fee (10-20% of the net worth), these experienced craftmen will come to your town, produce all the furniture and construct the whole building in what feels like a blink of an eye. This is currently already in game and accessable by cgheating (‘ib’), but it does not cost gold. Add a gold cost and an UI button and you have a great use for gold.

• Upgrade furniture: all these poor beds standing around? pay gold to upgrade these to more fancy beds instead of going through the hassle of removing the old bed, crafting a new one ond placing it, while you forget which heartling owned the bed in the first place and have to go through the whole list to find the new owner. This could also allow to upgrade to fine furniture (for a higher cost than the net value of fine furniture).

• Buy merchants: tired of using these market stalls every day to get rid of your overproduction due to the low gold amount these merchants have? Invest in them with a large sum of gold so they can become more professional, offer new things and, most importantly, have a higher gold amount to buy the stuff you don’t need.

• Hireling guards: just had a strong enemy raid, and did some of your soldiers get hurt and now have to rest before they can do more defending and patrolling? hire temporary guards to protect the town for you. For a small fee, you can get that kid from the next town with his wooden sword, but if you expect ogres and varanusses (varanae, varani, varanusi ?), you might be better of spending some more and hiring a true knight with his own cleric and troup of footmen. it will set your town worth back a bit, but destroyed doors and dead heartlings will probably do that too.

• Store exclusives: as final suggestion, add store exclusive high end items. these could provide a bigger boost than the upgraded worker outfit (more speed, bigger bag) and could come for all the different professions (except military). This allows for spending high amounts of gold on that cooks spoon of gold, or that mechanical blacksmith hammer which would really improve their crafting speed. furthermore, items like an better engineering cap or some safety goggles for your carpenter could also provide a small boost to happines, making this the perfect way to spend gold on overpriced, rare items.

6 Likes

I like this idea especially being able to pay for troop reinforcements if your in trouble.

I’d really like a color palette containing twinkling reflective gold, so I can melt my gold reserve and build a huge golden poyo.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Goldsmith!

• Promoted from blacksmith, maybe in tier 3+ city only after that arrives
  • Makes gold statues and furniture/decorations.
  • Also makes gold jewellery that hearthlings can wear for mood bonuses.
4 Likes

Another big purchase could be exspansions. Increase the size of your map by paying 10k type of thing. Or maybe the option to buy even more blueprints for like 500 each.

1 Like