DT: Builder Experience

http://www.stonehearth.net/dt-builder-experience/

Other Announcements

This week’s Thursday 6:00pm PST stream will feature Artist Allie, some come with all of your modeling, styling, and Stonehearth-thematic questions!

17 Likes

I hope the new building system comes soon.
The old one goes right on the nuts.
Something is always wrong.
I’m planning to save something, load it and it’s messing up.

Please we want the new ^^

3 Likes

The new one is also crazy buggy right now. :slight_smile: But we’re working on it!

12 Likes

I really liked the idea of inverting the focus, making the build full visible while the world is transparent/blurry.
Also the new roof possibilities.

11 Likes

Yes we know an we <3 the Game but the old Buildsystem is not so good ^^

1 Like

While we are talking about focus, I like how you’ve thought about the players attention when positioning the UI/UX elements.

2 Likes

One technical question I had when I saw the hole cutting tool in use: will it be possible to delete corner columns without problems? I was thinking about making some decorative elements to be placed instead of them in the outer corners.

This new building editor is looking great, but how will it work with older saves that already contain buildings? Will the new editor be able to modify old buildings, or will this be an update that requires fresh starts?

oh good we can color flooring… Or so it looked like at the end. One thing I love doing throughout my designs…

That looks quite a feasible layout for the UI. Made sense to me. Hopefully once this is finished we’ll be able to find a way into customizing roofing… :stuck_out_tongue:

Keep up the nice work. :slight_smile:

Oooh yes, a way to define blocks per step so in addition to regular:

∎
  ∎
    ∎
      ∎

we can have

∎
∎
  ∎
  ∎

or

∎∎
   ∎∎
5 Likes

Thank you! There’s a bunch of fun psychology I employed while working through the builder in order to make it feel rewarding and have to reachable exactly where you’d want/need it. Looking forward to getting it into your hands.

1 Like

Technically anything can be cut out with the hole tool except objects like doors and windows, or decor like workbenches or stools. So you can cut corners out, yes.

@SirAstrix this I am not 100% sure on. If I had to guess we wouldn’t be able to have editing of old buildings made with the current iteration of the builder. Chris would have to verify but I imagine that’d be really difficult. :frowning_face:

You can color more than just floors! You’ll be able to color pretty much any voxel. Except decor and objects of course.

5 Likes

I’d really like to see us have the ability to choose what hearthlings wear and use instead of them instantly going for the “best” one and the same for food. At the very least them not eating the same thing every day when there is other kinds of food there and ready