Door alignment issue

Summary: Loading a save causes door alignment issue.

Steps to reproduce:
Unable to repro so far - attached save where issue is occurring

Expected Results:
Door is aligned with frame.

Actual Results:
Door is sunk into ground.

Notes:
Mentioned this on Wed. morning stream to @malley. Issue resolves itself when Hearthling approaches door and triggers animation.

Attachments:

Save game: door_alignment_issue.zip

Version Number and Mods in use:
Alpha 18, release 652 with debug tools

System Information:
Windows 10 Education 64 | Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 32 GB system memory | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

Hmm, this is broken for me as well when I load, I will ask around and see what people think. Thanks for the save!

1 Like

Found that any door with non-full health will be offset strangely on load. We are looking into it further.

4 Likes

Summary:
It seems like Doors in my game have been clipping into their frames and hiding a good portion of the door, only a corner of the door will remain showing and it seems to only happen with doors that have been damaged.

Steps to reproduce:

1. get invaded, door gets damaged.
  2. save game and exit
  3. on reload the doors seem to be misplaced in their frames.

Notes:
I am not yet sure there is good way to reproduce the door problem. It seems to happen randomly.the problem started after the last update (Alpha 18 i believe)

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:

System Information:
running on windows 7.

Hey there @William_Sexton, welcome to the Discourse :smiley:!

Thanks for the report. I’ve merged it here as it’s already been reported. Malley, one of the devs has confirmed the issue and is looking into it. This should only happen on load with damaged doors, and is easily fixed by triggering the animation (have a Hearthling go through or near the door.

If you discover any more details, please share them here!

Thanks for the report! Seems like the default effect that posed the door and made sure each part was in the correct position was not being run if there was another effect (in this case the health display) already running on load. A fix will be in the next build.

4 Likes