Dev Team Questions

How many are on the dev team helping make the game?
Do any of them have any past expieriance making games?
Has being bought by riot games changed much or anything about the development?

Those were really the only questions i could think of if anyone has any more put them in the replies and maybe they’ll awnser yours and mine.

Can the Devs tell us why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

How many are on the dev team helping make the game?
Technically: 10. But, Tom and Tony still do things randomly sometimes, and we have interns who come and go, and there are people from Riot who help us on occasion as well.

Do any of them have any past expieriance making games?
Yep! I worked on WildStar for over 3 years, I was the Prop Team Lead. Yang worked on the Sims. I think Brad might have worked at another game studio. Richard definitely has, as has Nikki - they both worked at Riot before (and other places).

Has being bought by riot games changed much or anything about the development?
I can’t answer that one, I was actually hired by Riot to help the Stonehearth team out.

Because its so cinnamoney and toasty and tasty. nods head

5 Likes

I can answer that from a user’s perspective (and as a moderator).

As a user: There really haven’t been any major noticeable changes. Alphas are still being released on the same schedule, devs are still on the forums providing support/chatting, etc. If one was to look really closely you might notice that Stephanie is slightly less active on the forums, but she’s explained that’s due to her new more managerial role on the team. Also, there has been a huge increase in the rate that developers have been hired (Malley, Richard, Nikki).

As a moderator: Same as a user. Additionally, our alternate communication methods with the team (not via the forum) are just as active and responsive.

3 Likes

Based on extensive research:

Current advertisements for this cereal portray adults in some form unable to “see what makes them so popular,” the adult guesses something completely off the wall, and usually related to the adult’s profession, whereby the kids correct them and loudly say “It’s the cinnamon sugar swirls in every bite!” (1)

On a more technical level:

The cereal consists of small squares or rectangles of wheat and rice covered with cinnamon and sugar. Because of its rice content, when immersed in milk, one can hear “snap” sounds coming from it, similar to Rice Krispies. (2)

(1) (2): Wikipedia - Cinnamon Toast Crunch - Wikipedia

7 Likes

Albert must be fun at parties :joy:

Dude, I loved Wildstar. Unfortunately I only got to play a free month, because its launch coincided with school and lack of money to spend on games. The PVP was wild, though. I played a Spellslinger and the particle effects and vibrant colours and humour in that game set it so far apart from gritty games like WarCraft and Guild Wars.

Riot is currently my other love, too. I’m a huge League of Legends player.

2 Likes

Hello!

Speaking for me at least, I worked on League of Legends for 5 years (I joined Riot shortly before League launched), and for the past two years I was working on an unannounced projects at Phoenix Labs in Vancouver. I also did some small indie games before League, but they’re nothing you would have heard of. :slight_smile:

4 Likes