[Dev 2513] Footmen acting as worker

I just noticed that my 4 footmen recently started to do everything a normal worker Hearthling does
may be related to my RAM stress test overloading the game engine but I’m not sure since I got 319 errors by now

the probably most related one to this could be this one

develop-2513 (x64)
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:60: bad unit transition "start_thinking" from "finished" in action fill the backpack with ground items
stack traceback:
	radiant/modules/common.luac:32: in function <radiant/modules/common.luac:32>
	[C]: in function 'error'
	stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:60: in function '_unknown_transition'
	stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:85: in function '_start_thinking'
	stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:212: in function '_do_slow_thinking'
	stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:270: in function '_fn'
	radiant/controllers/timer_controller.luac:28: in function 'fire'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9: in function 'set_now'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:20: in function 'increment_now'
	radiant/modules/timer.luac:6: in function 'self'
	radiant/modules/events.luac:80: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:78>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/modules/events.luac:78: in function 'trigger'
	radiant/modules/events.luac:97: in function '_update'
	radiant/server.luac:19: in function <radiant/server.luac:17>

306 errors are still [Dev 2513] Error: unexpected arg “nil” passed to get_player_id()

307th is the one mentioned above

and the other 12 are [Dev 2513] Error: no matching overload found

1 Like

i’m not certain this is a “bug”, as i believe that if you have 2 or more footmen they will start doing gathering/looting resources.

Yes, this is intended if the footman has nothing to patrol. Previously, footmen couldn’t put stuff down, which was a bug. Now they can, so they can help restock things. If you have some stockpiles and crates that should be patrolled but the footman is restocking, that is a bug.

6 Likes

@yshan, well i have 4 footmen in my most recent town, 2 of them generally are patrolling and 2 will gather if need be.

though i do notice that all my footmen like to gather stuff after i remove an attack flag/command (i have all 4 footmen in one party)

hope this helps.

3 Likes

I am not complete sure if this is a bug as there’s nowhere to really know about the actual expected attitude from al professions.

I’ve gone through this too.
Either having 2 Footmen or just one, and they always proceeded when not under combat mode.

Does anyone know where game mechanics may be read about?

[quote=“8BitCrab, post:4, topic:15042, full:true”]though i do notice that all my footmen like to gather stuff after i remove an attack flag/command (i have all 4 footmen in one party)
[/quote]

I have mine in one party too :smiley:

ok so they are intended to help out if needed… good to know
there is definitely A LOT to restock in this savegame so it’s plausible that the footmen help out
I’m not quite sure if they all help out at the same time because the area is huge and I don’t have them all in view

Has this been confirmed?

@yshan said so some posts above

2 Likes

This has happened as well, and still rampant. I have currently four footmen, two are doing a lot of the work in terms of killing, but one is just sitting there, stands for two seconds, and sits down again. Does absolutely nothing. Despite me killing an Goblin Leader, after deflagging, I would have expected them to go back. No… they’re standing there. There are stockpiles and everything that needs patrolled, but they’re not patrolling at all.

i only have 1 footman but he also acts like a worker…

I have four footmen and recently they all have started to act as workers. They still patrol a bit but, as the game progress, they function more and more as workers.
There are plenty of stockpiles and crates for them to patrol so lack of them is not the reason. Likely a bug that appears on long running games.
Funny thing, I actually welcome it. Goblins left a long time ago and I need every hand available with worker’s tasks :slight_smile:
Dev alpha 11/453

Have Fun, Kyth.