[Dev 2494] exception 'invalid file path'

all of a sudden this error popped up out of nowhere (and re-iterated itself 14 times)
judging from the mentioned file some goblin nearby tried to pick up some item?

develop-2494 (x64)
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:672: stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:672: stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:672: stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:672: stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:672: stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:672: stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:672: stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:672: stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:672: stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:672: stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:672: stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:672: std::exception: 'invalid file path '/stonehearth/data/rigs/monsters/goblin/effects/carry_pickup_high.json'.'
stack traceback:
	stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:656: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:649>
	[C]: in function 'error'
	stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:672: in function '_exit_protected_call'
	stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:667: in function '_protected_call'
	stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:340: in function 'run'
	stonehearth/services/server/ai/compound_action.luac:117: in function 'call_fn'
	stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:16: in function '_call_run'
	stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:185: in function '_run_from_started'
	stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:128: in function '_run'
	stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:439: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:439>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:101: in function '_run'
	stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:338: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:329>
	stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:658: in function '_protected_call'
	stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:340: in function 'run'
	stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.luac:128: in function '_thread_main'
	stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.luac:90: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.luac:89>
	stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.luac:89: in function 'f'
	radiant/lib/env.luac:8: in function <radiant/lib/env.luac:8>

couldn’t find it here via search so here you go

1 Like

It looks like a goblin tried to grab something out of a stacked crate, but goblins don’t have an animation for that yet (they only have carry_pickup and carry_putdown). I haven’t seen this error in the discourse yet either.

hmm the only two crates on the map this time (at least in my visable area) were in the middle of my village and there was definitly no goblin around at that time the error popped up…

ok I just got the error again and this time there was a goblin in my village… caught him with his fingers in my mason’s workshop Oo ??

I hit pause the instant the error popped up to see who did it and that was the only goblin near any kind of storage

Well that’s pretty wierd. You aren’t at peace with the goblins, because that one has a red outline. So what is a hearth-tender doing in your village? Those particular guys aren’t supposed to be thieves. Normally they stay at a goblin camp looking after their camp fire.

beats me…

maybe he is as confused as my Derplings and thinks he is a villager…
because my people obviously think they are goblins oO

there were at least 3 people sitting around that goblin camp fire with a wolf right next to them …

1 Like

Wow that’s pretty amazing. That’s a pretty borked game. Think you can zip up the save file and upload it? It might help someone figure out where everything started going wrong >.>

can do…

I also just encountered the evil entitiy ‘nil’ error and now two of my farmers are stuck in snowwhite mode (aka endless sleep)
I can get them to move around again when I set the village in defense mode but once I end that they both stretch their arms and go to sleep on the spot… after reloading they are still animated and not stuck in the ground so I don’t know if it’s the same problem as [d-2494] Error in time_tracker_controller where I just recently jinxed this world by saying everything is ok -_-

edit: whoops forgot to add the zip
https://www.dropbox.com/s/78kzw4fesa4tn4w/1437635062226.rar?dl=0

edit2: derp that was a rar… here is the zip
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qau8mlh8xqm04c5/1437635062226.zip?dl=0

1 Like

My hearthlings have also liked to make new friends by chatting in a goblin camp. Maybe they make warmer firepits?

1 Like

could be the green flames… or the skull design
would be nice if you could place them in goblin design in your own camp instead of the regular fire pit that you get after destroying a goblin fire pit :smiley:

You actually can actually click on the goblin camp fire and move it into your town. But this is an incredibly bad idea as the enemy camp is not destroyed and goblins will spawn from it forever after. Also, some of your hearthlings may go insane.

you mean more insane than having a sleepover with sheep…

…or freezing in the middle of running away?

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yeah. More or less

1 Like

those most likely aren’t normal sheep my friend, those are probably the dreaded weresheap!

nah I’m sure that’s some sort of perverted breed because… look closely…there are two Hearthlings in that bed!

that just means a better fest for the weresheep!

or the return of this bug, :wink:

yeah well it was on 10-5 and I haven’t seen it again on dev 2494 ^^

1 Like

you could post that image in the funny screenshots thread :smile:

1 Like