[Determination] Strange Steam text on invite?

only happens when ONE friend invites me… this is the string i get (as steam text)

[gameinvite appid=“253250” connect=" --multiplayer.steam.id=x76561198400201847 --multiplayer.steam.token=x43ac4250-641b-4791-80cc-80e87571286e"][/gameinvite]

the others who invite… it comes up in the box thing (non-message)

any ideas?

• point is… are these invites safe to join?

i have seen this also one time after an invite - like i understand its only ask if you really want to start the game with this parameters.

i dont see a problem with this

1 Like

more info - the above text… happens from one freind as steam message (hey how you doing? this is a message reply?)

everyone else is the official (this is MP check, want to play?)

like this (NO orange this is mp do you want to accep box… but as STEAM chat message??? )

PLEASE NOTE
he cannot type as fast as the message appears :wink: so it is NOT a manual message

Your invite yesterday to me showed up both as a box and with that text in the chat window.

this has no box and just the text - thats why am confused

i tried it now and get both the normal invite from steam and the text … ^^

ok cool so it is fine then… i would guess… just SOME perameters still need to be looked at by @max99x @ayazar @sdee and etc :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

(good luck team stonehearth lol)

ok full explanation from the top =

STeam click to accept this invite… (as normal)
TEXT MSG WITH ABOVE TEXT
NO: STEAM IS TRYING CONNECT MP API - DO YOU ACCEPT BOX

so i get the invite box YES…
I also get a CHAT msg with the above weird thing
i DO NOT get the MP warning box…

It only happens with Demolisher!!!

i am confused darnit!!!

1 Like

ok fixed!!! its a steam issue (we have tested as other people) and we are ALL getting the strange steam chat msg now

2 Likes

There was some issue when we were testing the invites internally before releasing multiplayer, and it turned out to be a bug from Steam, not from our side (something about visibility of your profile). I wonder if it’s related :thinking:

3 Likes

the funny part the inviter only see that he has send a empty message to the other person and the invited sees then this text ^^

2 Likes