Desktop Tuesday: Re-Embarkation

I did manage to read this whole topic, and what I concludes from all the opinions, is that the re-embarking feature feels as a definite end, instead of the indefinite feel the rest of the game has. I also think that is what makes people sad.

While I’m not a huge contributor to the community, I would argue that an indefinite scope of a stonehearth playthrough should be in the back mind when developing additional features.

However, I was pleasantly surprised to see the state of the game after I didn’t play it for quite a while. As I didn’t play stonehearth since alpha 11, the current version is already very Beta-worthy and it fulfilled more potential than I was hoping for.

As you asked here @sdee for inpu for what’s next: I would love to see the following:

• a little bit bigger maps (20%), as the current maps feel cramped.
  • a possibility to limit the pathfinding range for individual hearthlings (zoning). This would allow us to create mining/farming outposts, as well as saving computing power, allowing us more hearthlings.
  • some kind of ‘automation’, like setting a minecart (like designed by BrunoSupremo) to supply the main city with goods. Or caravans that will follow a ‘programmable’ traderoute.
  • expeditions: carrying out expeditions in the map, with rare furniture as a reward. It would be perfectly fine if this would freeze the main towns business to free up resources.

I wouldn’t mind if any of the above would be an DLC if the content would not 1:1 fit the main game idea.

All in all, I really love the work you’ve done to stonehearth, it really has changed into a gem of a game.

4 Likes