Customizing Hearthlings?

I never said there wasn’t a mod @Wiese2007 :wink:…I was simply answering @coasterspaul!

2 Likes

There is a mod, but it’s only for name/appearance, not stats, which was more the implication of the original post to my understanding

2 Likes

Ok Sry then i have understand it wrong xD

1 Like

Wasn’t it set_attr mind x ?

Does the mod let you give hearthlings unnatural hair colors or am I out of luck? I’ve got purple hair :stuck_out_tongue: But it would probably look pretty out of place in this aesthetic

Either seems to work

Sadly not, it just lets you chose from the ones that are already in the game engine (that is, the ones you can normally random into)

4 Likes

It’s as @Kittyodoom says, it’s designed so you’re able to choose between the models that are defined for a faction (i.e. when playing the Ascendancy you get their models, and the same for Rayya’s Children when playing as them). However you can use a mod that adds more models to a faction, or more variation to the existing models, and the mod will also use those for you to choose from.

3 Likes

Ah, I figured it was like that, I just wondered if there was a color slider or something similar. Frostfeast has kind of spoiled me for bright colors in this game man, its insane :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

i now feel the urge to make a “wacky hair” mod that adds hair in every color of the rainbow, mohawks, etc… but knowing me, i never will make it…

also, @shadymailman, sorry for the slight derailment :grimacing:

3 Likes

And shorter hair for female hearthlings! I cant wear buttonup shirts anymore unless i wear makeup or something just cause my hair looks so dude-ly short :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

also @shadymailman sorry about that, haha

2 Likes

How hard is it to make and script models for such a thing?

hmmm the mod shouldnt be very difficult to make … just add the modells to the civiliazations … but for the modells … i dont know xD im very uncreative :wink:

but if you want you can change one of the known heads into vox and change them with magicvoxel ^^ or quibcle 2.0

I’m very artsy, but not the least bit code friendly and have no mod experience, or I’d give it a try…

1 Like

here are the vox of a female and a male haad ^^ Dropbox - Error

and here the link to magica http://voxel.codeplex.com/

have fun and make at best a new thread like Head sry little joke & Shoulders ^^

i’m actually already working on the models for this “mod”, but i’m not so good with code, thats why i probably wont end up making the mod :wink:

ok which mod … the hairmod or the a mod to change stats ^^^^^^ if you mean the hair mod it was moved here [MOD] Locks of Many Colours:Version 4 now available! [A16]

2 Likes

Eeep! I’ll happily co-conspire if you like; I’m cruising through colouring, but actually making models isn’t going near as smoothly…

4 Likes

yes, it was the hair mod i was talking about, but i see that @Kittyodoom has already beat me too it :wink:

[quote=“Kittyodoom, post:26, topic:18600”]
Eeep! I’ll happily co-conspire if you like; I’m cruising through colouring, but actually making models isn’t going near as smoothly…
[/quote]i’ll let you make the mod, however, i could supply you with my mohawk and a few other models i’m working on.

now, lets take any further convo of this mod to @Kittyodoom’s mod thread if you don’t mind, as we’ve already derailed this thread enough as it is…

4 Likes

I think it would be kinda cool if the blacksmith could make scissors and maybe its a 1 time use for hair cut or something haha

5 Likes

Great job on the mod: Hearthlings of Many Faces. I can now visually identify my guys. For example, I can now make my footman the guy with a mohawk, on I know the farmer is the blond with ponytails. Loving this game more and more everyday.

5 Likes