Culture Rate in your Town

yeah that would be awesome. It would really give the game a ton of depth

True, but maybe later on.

@woolysmash glad you like the idea and see its potential.

1 Like

It would also be nice to see an artist class implemented into the game, which could draw murals/tapestries. They could maybe select a random predefined artwork, or even allow you to draw your own (ya, not until everything else is done) onto a canvas, as they level up, larger and more complex works are available (maybe sculptures like in the concept art)

Nice idea, @Void_Angel. Especially if you can do something like this:

1. Add random pics in a particular format to a game folder, eg like “Stonehearth\assets\art” (not a real folder I know).
  2. Launch game, see new artwork options that are the random pics above.
  3. When painting is finished, name it (or not).

love the idea. it would add tons to the game.

Just can’t see something purely so decorative as an important addition to the game. Once again, at least not until all basic functions are done, and until we have so many villagers that we have people to burn on non-functional classes. I mean I understand perhaps it’ll add to culture rating or something but at its core it’s a decorative idea, something that adds a little flair, a little icing, but it’s mostly just that. I would LOVE to see that implemented along with aforementioned things like better architecture, don’t get me wrong, but not as its own class (After all the weaver’s making tapestries already?). Maybe as a sub-skill of something else, like how the carpenter now sometimes colors his or her items when crafting, but I think I’ve done enough ranting on super specialized classes.

However, there is something I could see happen with an artist class that would make me turn around and say, “this needs to be done.” Not to take RPG cliches, but for example looking at say, a bard class that buffs the party with songs or something. If the art pieces, especially the large statues, can act as a regional buff that inspires villagers in its sight to fight harder or something, that would be really wonderful.

1 Like