Crashing bug slowly freezing game

Get this error message:
release-453 (x64)…th/services/server/build/scaffolding_builder_1d.luac:121: assertion failed!stack traceback:
radiant/modules/events.luac:68: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:65>
[C]: in function ‘assert’
…th/services/server/build/scaffolding_builder_1d.luac:121: in function ‘_cover_project_region’
…th/services/server/build/scaffolding_builder_1d.luac:91: in function ‘_update_scaffolding_size’
…th/services/server/build/scaffolding_builder_1d.luac:84: in function 'obj’
radiant/modules/events.luac:15: in function 'self’
radiant/modules/events.luac:80: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:78>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.luac:78: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.luac:97: in function '_update’
radiant/server.luac:19: in function <radiant/server.luac:17>

Cause im a new user I cant upload pictures, but the game start to go slower and slower until i totally freeze.
After the freeze I cant even exit the game, I have to force restart the computer.

Anyone familiar with this?

Welcome to the forum, @Wargorn :smile:

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having this problem. Next time you see an error message and the error count keeps growing non-stop, close the game as soon as possible, because otherwise it happens what you’ve mentioned about having to restart your computer :disappointed_relieved:

This is just because the error is being fired in a loop, and it starts to consume your computer’s memory little by little, if you don’t close the game, it will take all of the available memory until the computer freezes.

Now for the questions: what was going in game when the error appeared?
Did it happen right after loading a savegame or while you were playing?
It mentions scaffolding. How were your buildings in the game? Finished / half built / not started to build? How many of them? Did they have weird shapes?

Thanks for reporting!

Hi, thank you for fast responding.

By luck I did had saved the game before i got the problem so I could restart from that save game.
I figured out the problem by doing the same thing 2-3 times:
I was building a road, then deleted 4 pieces of the road I placed wrong and all 3 times the error message showed up after I did that.
So the 4 time I avoid to build the road at that position and then the problem where solved.
Played for hours after that and still got no issues.

Once again, thanks for fast replying.

Wargorn.

1 Like

Perfect, and thanks for the repro steps :smiley: !