[Con] R188 Bugs Found 01/01/2015

Planting a farming plot above a mine causes the farm to form in the mine.

Changing House Templates wall type to stone causes incomplete building. present in r188

Using the houses from the templates, such as shared sleeping quarters. If you change the walls to stone not all the walls are built higher than the window, this causes the house never reach a finished state.

Weaver items (at least spindles and cloth) aren’t stacking in stockpiles. This breaks the “always maintain X of item” logic.

If you create a stockpile and don’t edit what is allowed and is not, the weavers items will be correctly sorted.

In a 4x4x4 mine tunnel, lights may be placed on on the bottom block or one step above. if placed on the 3 or 4th spots, the worker’s can’t deploy them successfully.

For Stonemason, Stack of StoneBricks is not sorting into a stockpile.

The ghost item will not be removed if you have undeployed the item back to the stockpile.

Windows, Wall lights and other items fail to be built into/onto the house.

When in the building process, the square window will not be built into the building, leaving a hole in the wall and the window iconic version of the model stuck in front of the hole. This has also happened with lights and plant baskets.

Placing the lights was getting a bit buggy in this savegame, the ladders were not torn down after placing the lights on the house. This was not a template loaded house, it was custom built with the lights placed after. This is why you have multiple saves, so you can rescue your town!

I tried to build a ladder in hopes that when I removed that it would also remove the ladder built for the light, but the ladder became unremovable.

Save Game R188 Ladder Bug

On day 17, after every couple minutes of gameplay the game refuses to save.

No Caravans or Travellers want anything to do with me.

Played the game for a while now with no Caravans or Travellers that want to trade or come near my village. Normally you get a caravan at the beginning offering you some fruit, but nada.

Did you build something overlapping that part of the floor?

No, just grass.

If you look at this picture when using the slice tool, it looks like the parts which have the issue is where the grass hasn’t been dug up.

Just like to confirm that Bug 1: Graphica issue on house floor can be replicated, I have uploaded the saved house here: House.json

Here’s a quick list of what I saw while trying out the latest unstable.

-Weaver items (at least spindles and cloth) aren’t stacking in stockpiles. This breaks the “always maintain X of item” logic.
-In a 4x4x4 mine tunnel, lights may be placed on on the bottom block or one step above. if placed on the 3 or 4th spots, the worker’s can’t deploy them successfully.
-For Stonemason, Stack of StoneBricks is not sorting into a stockpile.

For this last one, I should probably do a separate formal bug report, but here’s the quick and way to reproduce it before I go to bed. If you load my save file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65380167/1419541188477.zip I built rooms into the side of the cliff, but when I try to fill up the room where I want all the citizens to sleep, I can’t place beds along the wall closest to the rest of the camp. The ghostly placement icon shows up, but none of the workers will deliver the bed. I expanded the room several times, and I can place beds on 3/4s of it, but along that one wall it just doesn’t happen.

New Bug Found:

Using the houses from the templates, such as shared sleeping quarters. If you change the walls to stone not all the walls are built higher than the window, this causes the house never reach a finished state.

EDIT: I have found a way which will make this work. I changed the wall type and then instead of building it I saved it as a new template, put the new template down and the building is complete now.

Added yours into first post :smile:

Also concerning the buildings- if you opt to use a building template and then change any of the template parts (roof from wood to thatch, walls from wood to stone, etc.) the workers won’t finish the building or tear down the scaffolding.

Just updated to r188. Didn’t have long to play but I know for certain that the Weaver spindles still aren’t going into stockpiles. Didn’t check stonemason stuff yet.

I’ve tested some of these on r188 and can confirm that #3, #4, #6, and #7 (as listed above) are still not working right.

The workaround for #3 is sorta still applicable. However, sometimes the building structure will complete but often they won’t finish putting in windows, doors, and furniture (i.e. all fixtures). I think that there is some sort of disconnect in the fabricator component between the project data and the blueprint data and it’s hosing the task list for that building.

However, with #4 and #6 the items will sort into stockpiles ONLY if the filtering of the stockpile hasn’t been altered yet. Once the stockpile settings change, even if changed back, it will no longer accept these items.

1 Like

New Bug (also happened in 183.)

Info: When in the building process, the square window will not be built into the building, leaving a hole in the wall and the window iconic version of the model stuck in front of the hole.

Confirmed #2, 7 and 8.

Anyone having an issue with shepherds moving extremely slowly even when not leading sheep around?

Also, on day 17, and after every couple minutes of play the game refuses to save.

I’ve not been able to use the Shepherd yet, can’t find any sheep.

I’ll add the day 17 bug, that sounds weird.

Has anyone had any visits from caravans, traders or travellers in the r188 update?

Interestingly I’ve not had a single trader that I can recall. However, I have had new travellers join my town (at least 4 or 5 since r188). And weirdly I also have seen no sheep since r188 and can’t use my shepherd either :confused:

As for the “shepherd with slug shoes” bug I’ve been seeing that since the first preview release with the shepherd. Whether they have sheep following or not they’re always going super slow.

I’ve had nothing, I wish people would join.

guys on day 10 or so (or maybe that not effects) what happening is then i move to one direction game sends me to the main menu i would show gif but dunno how

In regards to the stockpiling issues, other built items such as hoes and fences from the carpenter are also not going into the stockpiles if stockpile preferences are changed.

Tried using stockpiles specifically for said objects and nothing would be put into these stockpiles.