Cleric healing starving soldiers loop

Summary:
the was a bunch of attacks so they didn’t have time to eat so much so that they started starving to death. so the clerics would do the come here and heal and instead of going and eating. they would get stuck in a loop of taking damage because they are starving and then the cleric does come here and heal thing so they never get to eat. it’s a never-ending cycle. unless you use the debug tools to make them not hungry.
Steps to reproduce:

1. have footmen that are so hungry that they start taking damage.
  2. have a cleric

Expected Results:
them to not run back to the cleric to get healed when they are starving to death. for them to eat so they can stop starving to death
Actual Results:
see summary
Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Relese-766
System Information:

Whether soldiers go to eat should not be affected by damage or healing. Do you have a savegame exhibiting this bug? If so, can you please upload it so we can debug this issue?

To upload a save, locate the folder in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

I have the save game but it’s not doing it anymore because I used debug tools to make them not hungry anymore it broke the loop.
the soldiers would go to and get food but once the cleric would do the heal thing all of the soldiers would drop their food and run back to the cleric

@Relyss, have you ever seen this behavior?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bug: (behaviour) Cleric is starving him / herself

Will get you some autotests since we broke save compatibility.

There are related scenarios, like Bug: (behaviour) Cleric is starving him / herself and Clerics are starving my town :(

1 Like

I have the same problem. Soldiers starving, cleric healing. I even used a flag to move them right next to where my food is stored, and got nothing.

Starving Soldiers Stonehearth.zip - Google Drive There’s a link to my save zip. I tried to upload, but since I’m a new member, it won’t let me. I can make a new topic if that would be more appropriate than replying to this one.

@Rocky_Williams I think this was fixed in release #784. Were you playing in that version, or in #783?
I will take a look at the savefile.

Edit: Apologies, this fix has not made it yet to the release. In our internal branch they go to eat more consistently when they’re starving, only the cleric chases after them if they’re injured. So it is fixed, but it’s not out yet.

1 Like

Great! Thanks for looking into it. You guys have a great game here. I check back every few months, start a new town, marvel how far it’s come. I’m looking forward to the eventual full game :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad there’s a fix coming ! Ran into the same problem… it was rather funny to watch but got annoying pretty quick. Ended up abandoning that Hearth over it…

I have the same problem on 790. My soldiers have been starving for 3 days, and the healer keeps them starving.

I removed the cleric from the party, and now they are going to eat.

Summary:
Hello everyone, so, here’s a strange bug I encountered this week: My soldiers are starving but actually not looking for food. Even if I send them towards the “canteen” I built.

Steps to reproduce:

1. have a party of soldiers
  2. tell them that they can’t haul
    3.wait and see your arty die if you don’t have a cleric

Expected Results:

What I wanted originally was my party not to grab stones or anything lying here and there so they could focus on their task

Actual Results:

My party is instead regrouping around the cleric elswhere on the map

Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:

release-790(x64)

System Information:

Windows 10; 8 GB ram; GTX 1050Ti; I7 7th gen.

If someone has the solution, please help me this is getting really freaky.
Thanks
Mat_MaX

It certainly goes with it but I also have to add that none of my workshops does anything, except the cook since the last patch including the new shelves and racks.