Chance and mixintos

Hi! This is my first attempt at modding stonehearth and I’ve gotten rid of Json errors etc. But cannot get my mod to work. I’m wondering what I’m doing wrong.
I want my hearthlings to have a chance to get injured (catch a cold) in certain weather (to make the herbalist useful in peaceful mode). However nothing seems to work. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
cold_and_flu.smod (19.5 KB)

I don’t really know if I’m using the chance bit right or messing up the mixintos…

The main problem is the URIs you’re specifying for the mixintos. Those are not folder paths, but rather aliases define in the stonehearth mod’s manfiest.json. So instead of "stonehearth:data:weather:snow:snow" you want "stonehearth:weather:snow".

For the buff, there’s no "chance" property (you may be confusing buffs with attack abilities, which do have it). If you want the debuff to not always apply, you’d need to have 2 debuffs. One would be something like consider_getting_ill, and would have a little script that generates a random number and decides whether to get ill, and if it does, it would apply the other debuff, which is the actual illness, similar to what you already have. Keep in mind that the unsheltered weather check reruns every 20 game minutes.

Thanks for the help! I see what you mean. I’ll have to leave it for the moment and learn how to do some of that, as I’m not sure I’m good enough to do the two debuff with script that you recommended :slight_smile: Thanks very much again for the assistance