Certain floor plan element breaks building tool after 'walls-up'

Title:
Putting up walls on certain floor plans breaks the building tool.

Summary:
After creating a floor plan with a specific element, the ‘raise walls’ tool can cause an assertion error and does not actually create all the walls around the building. After this happens, the build tools keeps throwing assertion errors, no matter what build tool is selected.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a floor plan with a one voxel ‘slit’ in it (see image)
  2. Raise walls on the floor plan
  3. Notice the errors and that all the closest wall to the slit has not been generated
  4. Try using any other building tool (floor, slabs, walls, roof, etc.) and notice the assertion errors that result

Reference image to show the element that the floor plan needs to generate this error

Error that occurs after growing walls in the building designer

Expected Results:
All the are created around the floor plan
or
The game tells me that the floor plan is not valid and I should stop deliberately trying to break the game :stuck_out_tongue:

Actual Results:
Not all the walls are built and the build tools become unusable

Notes:
This takes an almost deliberate attempt to generate this bug, but it does completely break the building tool in a fantastically reproducible fashion.
Undo seems to be the only ‘tool’ that still functions, and the building ghost can be completely removed. I would advise trying this, as generates the interesting result of keeping the wall ghosts visible until the last slab has been undone.
It also should be noted that a floor plan with ‘slit’ of equal wall lengths does not generate this bug:

Similar floor plan that does not generate an error on ‘walls-up’

Attachments:
stonehearth.log.txt (17.1 KB)

Versions and Mods:
no mods

System Information:
Windows 8.1, gtx 560, intel core i7, 8gb ram

1 Like

i believe that it is because the wall closest to the slit cant be built due to the fact that the scaffolding cant be built. could be wrong though.

1 Like

It happened to me to and I wasn’t trying to break the game :wink: Was just going for a special design.

This bug still seems to be around in release 256 x64. It does not finishing generating all the walls, and throws an assertion error.

1 Like