Can't Place Furniture in Buildings While Designing Them

Title:Can’t Place Furniture in Buildings While Designing Them

Summary:
I’m not sure if this is a bug or a suggestion for the game,but a bug I’ve found is when i attempt to place furniture into a building it will not place

Steps to reproduce:

1. Build a Building
  2. Try to put a bed inside
    3)the bed will not place itself

Expected Results: A bed will be placed

Actual Results:Cant Place the Bed

Notes:Some Furniture can be placed Also same bug with wall lights

Attachments:No Picture

Versions and Mods: Alpha 10 Release 271 with No Mods

System Information: Windows 8 64 Bit

I thought that I was having this same issue, then discovered that you can’t add a bed in the design mode if you haven’t built one yet. This is confusing because you can place doors and windows without without having one in stock, but furniture is treated differently. It seems that we need to be able to design building with all known items regardless if you have one in stock or not.

As is, the building design menu is really annoying at the game start because you want to lay out a building before your crafter starts leveling up, and you can’t quite build everything you would like to put in the building. It almost feels like you need to play a peaceful game just to create and save some building layouts, then return to the normal game to play like you mean it.

I am also thinking about creating and saving the ‘mayors’ house, which only will use fine versions of items, but I’m not sure if the current building editor will handle planning out that or not. I’m not a good builder yet. I’m curious to see what happens when I try as soon as work gives me enough time to try it out.

4 Likes