Buildings are not saved!

Summary:
There was a bug in the game after which I can no longer save buildings.
I recently uploaded a map in peace mode
In order to build and SAVE several buildings
When building one building, I got carried away and the building went out 165x165 blocks and about 30 blocks in height
After pressing save the game is suspended (I understand that the game is still in alpha and can not cope with such loads)
But the game seems to stop responding
I had to disconnect it
After that, I went back into the game and noticed that this building, which was not preserved, is not important.
But other SAVED buildings were removed.
And each time when you enter the game in the construction mode, an error is obtained
And when trying to save the building nothing happens

I rebooted the computer
And reinstalled the game
but it did not help
Expected Results:
Preservation of buildings in construction mode

Actual Results:
Empty

Attachments:

text:
release-707 (x64)
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:610: attempt to index local ‘template’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:610: in function ‘get_custom_templates’
stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.lua:44: in function <stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.lua:43>

text:
release-707 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Latest Steam version without mods

PLEASE HELP ME !!! :рыдать:

1 Like

У меня даже старые не грузятся.

My old templates don’t load at game too

I think a building needs a foundation to actually be saved ?

Not really
The game can save any object in construction mode
Even 1 block

In that case I’m not sure, I do know that above an X amount of size you will get a crash. Also happens when the height is exceeded.

In this and the matter
I want to fix this mistake and start building and saving again
But it does not help even to reinstall the game
I do not know what to do
I will wait for a response from the developers

Saving huge templates often caused this issue. I think the game can’t handle templates too big, but what your screenshots show should be fine.

To remove the error and be able to save templates again, go to your building_templates folder (it’s in this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_objects\building_templates) and delete the last files (from the template you tried to save, the json file is probably corrupt or empty).

If that doesn’t work, check your other templates files, maybe one of them is causing trouble.

2 Likes

Thank you very much!!!
Indeed, after the last save was deleted, all the buildings were restored and saved again!

3 Likes