Steps to reproduce:

1. make a simple stair from slabs
  2. select and save

Expected Results:
saving for later use
Actual Results:
Error message
Notes:
release-535 (x64)stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:534: assertion failed!stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function 'assert’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:534: in function 'unpack_entity_table’
stonehearth/components/column/column_component.lua:147: in function 'load_from_template’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:112: in function 'load_structure_from_template’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:120: in function 'load_all_structures_from_template’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:124: in function 'load_all_structures_from_template’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:419: in function ‘restore_template’
…ervices/client/build_editor/build_editor_service.lua:430: in function ‘_create_offscreen_template_entity’
…ervices/client/build_editor/build_editor_service.lua:387: in function <…ervices/client/build_editor/build_editor_service.lua:276>
release-535 (x64)c++ exception: lua runtime errorstack traceback:

Additional findings:
There is a stair1 (named the stair design that way) building in my prebuild list, but i cannt place it

Version Number and Mods in use:
latest unstable steam build, debugtools farming/cooking mod
System Information:

hey bthere ! @Doc_Brano,

did the template get saved or just throw the error? if it saved could you perhaps provide the template, could be useful for repro…

edit:

oh, as i was posting this you edited your post, could you provide the buggy template?

it shows in the list but it is not there. After saving and restarting when i wanna select it again with the error. Will add the template in the savefile map. 1458242163518.zip (5.5 MB)

rebuild the template on other side off the wall and no issue saving it, but it became part off the walls so no use yet. The top layer is made of road i just noticed to forget to tell

@Doc_Brano, templates are saved independently of games. If you could build the staircase not touching the wall (so it doesn’t merge) and upload the template here, that would be appreciated.

In order to upload a building template:

1. Save your build as a template in game.
  2. Open your game directory. Default location for a Steam install is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth Default location for a Humble install is C:\Program Files (x86)\Stonehearth\
  3. Navigate to the building templates stored in \saved_objects\stonehearth\building_templates
  4. Locate the .json file for your template. For example, if you wanted to upload the “Clay Dining Room” template, find clay dining room.json.
  5. Compress the .json file to a .zip file.
  6. Right click the file you wish to zip.
  7. Left click Send to.
  8. Left click Compressed (zipped) folder
  9. Hit enter on your keyboard.
  10. Upload the file to this thread in the Discourse by clicking the upload button in the editor and navigating to the file, or drag the file into the editor with your mouse.

I know were they are stored :). I have added it in the same zip file, it should be in the map. I have 2 stairs on that save, one is attached the other is not attached to the main wall for some reason.

Sinds then i haven’t had an issue with them not wanting to build a slab staircase with the top layer changed to road type block. Will try to confirm the issue is no longer present :slight_smile:

Totally missed that! I am testing in a microworld now.

Edit: That template gives the same error, I would have to guess it is corrupted in some way, or didn’t save properly in the first place. Unless things have changed unfortunately the devs have said in the past there isn’t much they can do for non-working template files. Let me know if you can confirm the issue is no longer present :smiley:.

1 Like