Building tool: selected components are very bright white

Summary:
The screenshot is from develop-3031 and alpha 17. Game was started in early Alpha 17 and the drawing of the building started after the the Auto Queue build (i think).

Steps to reproduce:

1. Draw up a building.
  2. Select the element you wish to edit.
  3. Edit the building.

Expected Results:
I want to be able to see what I am working on more clearly.

Actual Results:
Well, it would be nice to be able to see what I am doing, however the selected component is so bright, individual blocks are not visible.

Notes:
Could not see any topic on this, am I the only one experiencing this?

Attachments:
That is the middle floor from second roof with a stair leading to the roof all illuminated like a LED flashlight.

Version Number and Mods in use:
No mods, Alpha 17, develop 3031

System Information:
Intel i7, 3,60 GHz
24 Gb RAM
AMD R9 200 Series Gfx card
Running Windows 7

(i hope i did good…) :slight_smile:

There are two graphics settings for the game. If you go into settings and check the box “Enable High Quality Graphics” it should fix the bright white. You’ll get pretty outlines instead of the white highlighting. Your card should be fine. If not, make sure your drivers are current.

For those who have crappy, ancient, graphics cards (like I used to) High Quality Graphics won’t work, and will “see” through terrain and be dark and generally unplayable.

2 Likes

Thank you! That helped alot :smile: Did not know about that graphics option, one seldom has the need to look at it, even after getting new graphics card :slight_smile: My problem aside though, should this not a problem for those running lesser cards without High Quality Graphics? I mean I could hardly see what I was doing with it turned off.

Yes it’s a problem… kindof. For now they have bigger fish to fry. I mean my card was a Radeon 4800. That’s amazingly ancient by video card standards. It didn’t support DX11 and hasn’t been supported by the manufacturer in over 2 years. Really it was time for an upgrade.

It’s all about resources. If this were a larger team they’d have the manpower to make the lower graphical setting look better. If they hadn’t written their own engine, this most likely wouldn’t have been a problem. Maybe a second pass at it can be taken when it’s ported over to other OSes? I’d rather have more features going forward than hold things back because I’m too cheap to upgrade to a decent card that’s not 6-8 years old.

1 Like