Building Template names conflicting with Custom names

I have a Custom template named Tavern that had the image of that build displayed where you would normally see the Town Template for the pre-made Tavern. After deleting my Custom made template it displays this image not found icon.

After restarting my game it now correctly displays the Town Template for Tavern.

2 Likes

Hmm, you should probably be blocked from using a built-in name for a custom template. Thoughts @yshan?

I don’t think having double names should be a problem. The game should not identify a build by its name, names are for us the players, but for the computer it doesn’t (or shouldn’t) matter.

This is why it is a strange bug, those two build are not even in the same folder… I don’t understand why the game mixed the two.
I’m guessing it is a js (ui) error, when it selects the build to delete, it searches who is the (html) element based on the name?

1 Like

the original custom building was from before these new templates were added. I should have tested to see if it was just an image error or if it would actually build the custom building rather than the town template.

I think it would because if you notice the requirements for the building are lower for my custom building

1 Like

Yang fixed this on stream this evening (Thursday, 9/15/16). Expect this to be fixed in the next build.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Improper symbols allowed in template names