Beta r870 Now on Steam Unstable

The Mason has recipes for monuments, although the city’s progress is still in the second stage

Also with blacksmith

stonehearth.log (59.5 KB)

release-870 (x64)[M]
...rver/town/orchestrators/craft_items_orchestrator.lua:102: attempt to index upvalue 'self' (a thread value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	...rver/town/orchestrators/craft_items_orchestrator.lua:102: in function <...rver/town/orchestrators/craft_items_orchestrator.lua:101>
	[C]: in function 'update'
	radiant/modules/events.lua:59: in function '_update'
	radiant/server.lua:66: in function <radiant/server.lua:63>

This one’s been very elusive. Any chance you have a reliable repro for it?

Nothing special. It seems just added a mason’s hammer to the carpenter’s queue.

Received an error the second time after consistently paused construction, mining and profession

UPD. Or after the construction was completed

release-870 (x64)[M]
...rver/town/orchestrators/craft_items_orchestrator.lua:102: attempt to index upvalue 'self' (a thread value)
stack traceback:
	...rver/town/orchestrators/craft_items_orchestrator.lua:102: in function <...rver/town/orchestrators/craft_items_orchestrator.lua:101>
	[C]: in function 'update'
	radiant/modules/events.lua:59: in function '_update'

Now the error has appeared in a situation when I have two masons, 1 and 6 levels. A 6th-level Mason is paused. In the queue were assembled items of different levels. The chest was in the process, but the first-level Mason could not do it, so I canceled the chests, then there was an error.
stonehearth.log (423.8 KB)

release-870 (x64)[M]
...n/orchestrators/collect_ingredients_orchestrator.lua:53: attempt to index field '_retry_listener' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	...n/orchestrators/collect_ingredients_orchestrator.lua:53: in function 'run'
	stonehearth/services/server/town/town.lua:451: in function 'run_orchestrator'
	...rver/town/orchestrators/craft_items_orchestrator.lua:219: in function '_collect_ingredients'
	...rver/town/orchestrators/craft_items_orchestrator.lua:63: in function 'run'
	stonehearth/services/server/town/town.lua:466: in function <stonehearth/services/server/town/town.lua:465>
1 Like

I’m defeated some orc warchief but sheep stayed hostile

1 Like

BluebellOS INSTALLATION COMPLETE.
ACTIVATING TREBUSHEEP MODULE.

2 Likes

But not for Fonts :smiley:

1 Like

Archer don’t change bow to better one

Crash Latest Release

i had a crash without any error reports no mod was used. I was designing a new house for my workshop templates and using the paint tool and game just stopped and crashed

It was a brand new world without any mods.
This is the log there is a lot of strange things at the end of it?
stonehearth.log (472.9 KB)

“2018-07-08 13:08:14.277857 | server | 1 | ai.execution_unit | (6018 Arenh Moror) [select material from chunk] object monitor detected destroy of 0 on the ai thread. did you forget to unprotect? it’s not actually safe to abort from the object monitor here!
2018-07-08 13:08:14.854191 | server | 1 | ai.execution_unit | (6018 Arenh Moror) [select material from chunk] object monitor detected destroy of 0 on the ai thread. did you forget to unprotect? it’s not actually safe to abort from the object monitor here!
2018-07-08 13:08:15.399024 | server | 1 | ai.execution_unit | (6018 Arenh Moror) [select material from chunk] object monitor detected destroy of 0 on the ai thread. did you forget to unprotect? it’s not actually safe to abort from the object monitor here!
2018-07-08 13:08:15.964883 | server | 1 | ai.execution_unit | (6018 Arenh Moror) [select material from chunk] object monitor detected destroy of 0 on the ai thread. did you forget to unprotect? it’s not actually safe to abort from the object monitor here!
2018-07-08 13:08:22.361602 | server | 1 | ai.execution_unit | (7076 Yura Odilep) [pick up item into backpack] object monitor detected destroy of 0 on the ai thread. did you forget to unprotect? it’s not actually safe to abort from the object monitor here!”

Just appear while playing

release-870 (x64)[M]
stonehearth/lib/game_master/game_master_lib.lua:115: root node validate_hungry_rabbit not found
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'report_error'
	radiant/modules/commons.lua:57: in function <radiant/modules/commons.lua:51>
	[C]: in function 'error'
	stonehearth/lib/game_master/game_master_lib.lua:115: in function 'destroy_tree'
	...arth/services/server/game_master/controllers/arc.lua:231: in function '_convert_out_edge_to_edgelist'
	...arth/services/server/game_master/controllers/arc.lua:297: in function '_trigger_out_edge'
	...arth/services/server/game_master/controllers/arc.lua:289: in function 'trigger_next_encounter'
	...ame_master/controllers/encounters/wait_encounter.lua:66: in function '?'
	radiant/modules/commons.lua:193: in function 'invoke'
	radiant/controllers/timer_controller.lua:77: in function 'fire'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:91: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:91>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/modules/commons.lua:66: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:91: in function 'set_now'
	...hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:478: in function '_on_event_loop'
	...hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:49: in function <...hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:48>
	[C]: in function 'trigger'
	radiant/modules/events.lua:63: in function '_update'
1 Like

He swap after new load

@max99x i whas unable to reproduce that exact structure after trying to generate 5 maps

but this is the general structure it whas in, a seperate block about 5x5 floating one block above the ground

1 Like

hoo boy, the Clan Amberstone campaign is amazing. No, scratch that – given the current direction of the game, it’s perfect.

Starting out with mystery and allure, much like the other campaigns, is a great way to give it a familiar and consistent feel – “oh look, another robed and hooded figure, I wonder what they’ll bring to my doorstep now?” The trades have a playful tone to them, and the wounded rabbit’s story shows a cheeky side but also a bravery which might otherwise be lacking. Sure the Rabbits sneak around and play tricks, but not just because they’re afraid; it’s a deep-rooted caution which adds to their character and makes them immediately sympathetic.

But it’s more than just the story, that story hooks into the major gameplay areas beautifully. There’s some farming, some trading, some combat; and every step is a discovery! I’m sure the feeling of exploration will wear off after completing the campaign a couple of times, but on the first time around it’s a thrilling mystery. We’ve had all these tantalizing hints, and now we get to coax the Rabbits out of hiding.

And best of all, the trades actually amount to progress in a subtle but important way. I’m experiencing the Clan Amberstone campaign quite late into this save, but I can imagine how useful those gifts will be in earlier towns, and doubly so outside of the Darkmoor Forest biome. In a game that’s so often about “taming the local area” and bending the map to your will, it’s great to have an event where working with CA in harmony with nature gives rewards which would otherwise require (at best) a long hike or possibly be simply unavailable.

It’s a campaign that really feels like it touches on all the systems and facets of the game. This is exactly the sort of experience I was hoping for when you guys first announced that campaigns were coming in this format – I can understand that much of this relies on systems which were only recently set loose upon the stable release, and it’s great to see all that work coming to fruition.

Like everything released in r870, there’s a bittersweet note that there now isn’t time for you guys to continue adding more campaigns like this. Imagine if the Black Cord, the wandering stone and wood golems, and other groups had similarly fleshed-out campaigns to explore?! Or if, when panting refugees arrive while fleeing the goblin wolves, you had the option to give them supplies for their journey (leading to some minor reward – perhaps they point out a landmark they passed on the way?) or even offer them shelter as citizens in your growing town?

The good news at least is that now we know the tech is in place, modders can go wild with this sort of thing post 1.1 But for the meantime, awesome job bringing these systems together; the Clan Amberstone campaign absolutely nails the Stonehearth vibe and it’s a perfect way to tie a ribbon around the 24+/beta period.

7 Likes

Thanks for the reports!

Where new residents appear. Sometimes very far and in a inaccessible place at the start of the game.
Now my ling spawned at roof

Fixed.

Undeploy mark for ladder still far away from them

Fixed. I don’t think I should have spent an hour chasing this down. :man_facepalming:

Mason house still miss 3rd lvl craft table

Probably intentional, so you don’t need a high level mason to build it, but the carpenter one does have it. @Allie, thoughts?

Sort archers, clericss and Warriors as one group, and inside the group by class.

Maybe part of a polish pass closer to release.

Maybe it is possible to make a looting for a real automatic?

Possible, sure, but it wouldn’t fit with the rest of the game verisimilitude-wise.

cleric rush for racoon all the time and cant kill him

In the next release, combat classes other than the archer won’t auto-aggro animals (modded classes can enable this by adding a “hunter” role to the class). You will still be able to target them directly.

No matching overload found, candidates:

Fixed.

I didn’t see the Herbalist talisman being craftable by the Potter for Northern Alliance, as said in the patch notes.

New recipes won’t show up for hearthlings that were promoted before the last patch.

maybe everyone uses the loadouts that include a Bow anyway

Yes, the expectation is that if you don’t start with a bow, you are in for a much tougher experience, combat-wise.

The Mason has recipes for monuments

Hmm. I can’t reproduce this one. Perhaps a mod is modifying that screen? Locked recipes always exist - they are just hidden until unlocked.

…rver/town/orchestrators/craft_items_orchestrator.lua:102: attempt to index upvalue ‘self’ (a thread value)
…n/orchestrators/collect_ingredients_orchestrator.lua:53: attempt to index field ‘_retry_listener’ (a nil value)

Fixed.

I’m defeated some orc warchief but sheep stayed hostile

Will add it to the bug queue.

But not for Fonts [collision]

Dancing on top of monuments is a time-honored tradition.

Archer don’t change bow to better one

Can’t repro this one. Perhaps the archer was below level 3?

i had a crash without any error reports no mod was used.

Hmm. I’ll take a look.

root node validate_hungry_rabbit not found

Fixed.

hoo boy, the Clan Amberstone campaign is amazing.

Thank you for the kind words! ^–^

3 Likes

Thank you for detailed answer

Only mod I used is @paulthegreat’s time tracker. Will watch for this in next release.

Mason house still miss 3rd lvl craft table

Probably intentional, so you don’t need a high level mason to build it, but the carpenter one does have it. @Allie, thoughts?

Yep! I’ve been conflicted on whether it was better to have complete workshops with all the worktables, or workshops that a player can construct as soon as the template comes available. Right now this works out with a lot of the workshop templates, but there are a few that have pieces locked behind level progression, like carpenter and cook.

What would feel better? Workshops with all the stuff accounted for in the template, or workshops that you can definitely build as soon as you get the template?

1 Like

Can you please try design template with so much furniture that it is enough for level up to the third level? :slight_smile: