Attempt to load index field

Upon loading the game I saved last night, I get an error message: Attempt to load index field ‘_blueprint’ (a nil value)
Steps to reproduce:

  1. I hit “Continue” when starting the game

Expected Results:
Game to load succesfully

Actual Results:
Engine error. Here is the copy to clipboard content:

develop-3000 (x64)
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:228: attempt to index field ‘_blueprint’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:228: in function 'get_blueprint_region’
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:213: in function 'recalculate_scaffolding_blueprint’
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:123: in function '_add_region_trace’
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:99: in function <stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:96>

The game appears to work normally after I closed the error window, ie, nothing seems to be missing, buildings still seem to be complete with no missing parts.


Version Number and Mods in use:
develop-3000 (x64)

System Information:

In addition to the above… Played the game for some time, then saved, quit and relaunched the game. Getting the same error.

So, I am still getting this error whenever I load that saved game. Is there any way for me to figure out what it’s looking for and fix it so I can make this go away?

I am also experiencing this issue, since I run many mods I wait to see if people without mods post the same errors.
I also receive this as the 2/2 error.
develop-3000 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

as I am posting this an update for stonehearth just qued up, hopefully it fixes this issue.

Just thought I should update this… update 3002 did not fix my issue. I got the same error message when I loaded my saved game. I let it run for a while, then saved, exited and reloaded the save, and still getting that error message. Also, I didn’t specify in my original message, but there’s no mods running.

I can confirm that it is still happing as well are you getting this third error as well?

develop-3002 (x64)
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:232: attempt to index field ‘_fabricator’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function ‘report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:248: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:242>
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:232: in function ‘get_project_region’
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:300: in function ‘_process_destroy_changes’
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:286: in function ‘fn’
radiant/controllers/nonpersistent_timer.lua:56: in function ‘fire’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function ‘set_now’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:103: in function ‘increment_now’
radiant/modules/timer.lua:13: in function ‘instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:206: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:200>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:200: in function ‘trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:269: in function ‘_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.lua:320: in function ‘_update’
radiant/server.lua:62: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

One thing you can do is upload your stonehearth.log file the developers can look at it and see what other errors that may be going on. its located in your StoneHearth folder

this is mine.

stonehearth.log (52.6 KB)

I have a few errors related to mods so I will post on their treads about that.

I did see this
2016-06-09 21:50:13.301747 | client | 1 | renderer.render_info | could not load qubicle file: invalid file path ‘/stonehearth/entities/constructioncobblestone_fence/cobblestone_fence_iconic.qb’.

The cobblestone fence is a base game object.

edited: to include the correct log file

Here’s my log file.

stonehearth.log (22.8 KB)

I didn’t check line by line, but it does look similar to yours.

Well the development team Is busying pushing out patches and are very active with the community. Hopefully they will have this fixed soon. I understand the concept of “for every solution two problems are created”. I live with that at work :smiley:

Saves, saves, post your saves! Zip 'em up and post them as attachments.

For steam, right-click on ‘Stonehearth’, go to the ‘local files’ tab and click ‘browse local files’ button. You’ll see a ‘saved_games’ directory; that’s where all your saves are located. Find the troubling one, and please post it here so I can examine it.

Thanks for your help (and patience!)

1 Like

11MB so I couldn’t upload it on here…

1 Like