Ask Radiant: Round 1

I asked this one a while back but unfortunately it didn’t get answered so I’m gonna try again, How will destruction be handled in the game will enemies completely destroy structures, will we be able to recover resources from destroyed structures?

mod edit: questions #6

7 Likes

@Raj Mac/Linux has been said to come before full release, I’m nearly certain of it.

@DaniAngione, I’m currently working on adding random bunnies.

@SquareGabe, I’ll write up instructions on adding entires when I’m done.

My question is What’s the secret to adding mods? How do we get them to load and import?

Edit for more info/reasoning: People are already creating mods and you clearly have something there already, being able to do it at least somewhat correctly would be a great boon.

2 Likes

Will there be NPCs that randomly show up and gives quests? For instance an NPC (that is say a wizard or a knight) shows up and notifies the player of a new settlement of Orcs bent on taking over the world. Destroy there camp and get the NPC as a offensive/defensive character only (no work for heros). Or a nice shinny sword that can only be obtained through said quest.

1 Like

Games like this are one of my most favorite genres! I’m hoping with the vision of Radiant and player mods, this game can compete with Dwarf Fortress in terms of depth. :smile:

Thank you for pulling through and I’m excited to see what the final product will be like in Fall/Winter.

When the team sits down to discuss the roadmap, what kind of features and gameplay mechanics do you expect to see out of Stonehearth by June?

As a teacher, there is no way in hell that I could plan that much in advance and don’t really expect game developers to do so also, but I like to set goals for myself and my class. So I would love to see what your goals would be in 6 months time…even if non-attainable.

1 Like

Does Radiant plan on incorporating some type of in-depth story mechanic for each, individual villager and have them interact with each other discussing experiences they have had?

I have no idea if they game could support this, but since each villager (what are we calling these people btw? Stonehearthians?) has their own name and comment on how they feel, I have wondered if there will be more to it in the final game.

Some Examples:

• sending a group of soldiers into a cave to defeat some mobs. When
    they get back to town, however, only those who were involved would
    discuss it with other Stonehearthians at the tavern or with other
    soldiers who didn’t go on the expedition.

• explorers lead an expedition and come back days later to the town to
    discuss what they saw and encountered to others.

• If the Stonehearthians are able to have relationships, one of the
    significant others could be negatively impacted if said explorer
    did not come back.

2 Likes

yes what should a MODULE look like, wahts the set up now that is a good question @Xavion

also [quote=“Xavion, post:22, topic:4643, full:true”]

@SquareGabe, I’ll write up instructions on adding entires when I’m done.

[/quote]

i asked entity’s not entries wah this just a typo ? if so sorry for the confusion

That was just a typo, I’m on my phone so they happen more. I’m working to add rabbits during world gen near berry bushes. So far it doesn’t seem too complex

Great ! ah yes during the world gen ofcourse im gonna look into that, i was so focused on the founding characters handle

Must excuse for i am a tremendous noob when it comes to modding but thats why im here to learn :wink:

wow, that went much faster than i anticipated! :smile:

let’s call round 1 complete… we’ll go for 6 questions this round (all have been marked accordingly)…

and again, depending on how well received this is, we’ll toss up another round later down the road…

we’ll keep you updated as to when/if the questions get answered! :wink:

edited one of the questions in the OP… and wanted to let you all know that it seems Radiant has decided not to revoke my moderating privileges, and will indeed answer the submitted questions! :smile:

just no promises as to when… :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes